Our Strange Misprints .....

zenarrrow

I was going through a box and cleaning records that some gal gave me a few weeks back. Some really good vinyl to be honest.
As I rotated the lp's to be cleaned I was re- sleeving the finished ones. When I got to The Doors Morrison Hotel, I was bummed when I picked it up and saw that it was in fact the S/T debut album. As I had perused the box earlier I hadn't noticed any more Doors, so I figured it was going to be an old ball. But when I flipped around it had...

Side One: Hard Rock Cafe
20171121_125134.jpeg
Flipped it over again and sure enough it had...

Side Two: Side Two of the Doors

20171121_125202.jpeg

Stange Days, indeed,they have tracked me down for sure. Any one else have any strange mispresses?

>>>---Zen---->

Here is another, same box.
Jethro Tull Thick as a Brick.

Side One:

20171121_125016.jpeg

Side Two:
20171121_124938.jpeg

Side two is pretty much black except the red butterfly and Red Chysalis, also white Chysalis Records on top.

Not a misprint, but the wrong music pressed. I have a 10 inch LP of Stan Kenton playing Bill Holman arrangements that has side one of Stan Kenton's 10 inch LP of Bill Russo arrangements. (The Russo LP is fine, so if you have both you have duplicate side ones . . . or is it sides one?) The label is correct. The music is wrong. I wonder if I'm the first person in 60+ years to have noticed it. If it were the Beatles or Bob Dylan or the Rolling Stones or the like, it might be a collector's item (unless they all were done that way). But Stan Kenton? I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom