Output transistor removal

Ylli

I've got a Kenwood KR-A5070 that has a bad 2sb1570. It appears to be attached to the heat sink with some kind of adhesive pad/insulator. How does one get these things off the heat sink? Gentle persuasion does not work.

Gentily pry it up with a screwdriver or .. I use and exacto wide chisel blade.

That pad is either Kapton film or a Mica insulator with heat transfer compound. Mica comes off real easy with the exacto blade.

I've pry-ed, and I've tried to get an exacto blade under it, but not luck so far. I really would not want to gouge the heatsink. If it is kapton or some form of adhesive, would heat or a solvent be helpful?

Never mind. A little impulse from a hammer did the job without further damage.

A hammer? You do realize that Sanken has discontinued the manufacturing of all there MT-200 transistors.

An Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator?? Those are getting hard to find. Marvin is no longer selling them.

Actually, the tip of a #2 JIS screwdrive on the case tapped on the handle with a needle nose pliers. Just needed a shock, just like trying to remove something glued with super glue. Digi-key has a couple hundred of both the 2SB1570 and the 2SD2401 in stock. They are marked as obsolete though. Get 'em while they're hot!

Back
Top Bottom