Owners of current JBL's?

I have 3 pair of vintage JBL's that I love . So when I was at a garage sale and saw these L810 studio series speakers and a LC1 center channel I had to buy them.Didn't need them but that JBL badge didn't allow me to say no.They are heavy for their size and seem well built . We're made in several flavors black and cherry the cherry being the more popular it seems. 3 way front ported.They put out surprising bass for their size. I haven't ever seen any threads on AK about them

To the 590 owners in this thread: did you guys try them with a subwoofer? Would a sub add much to the sound they produce?

I have the 580s I'm using with a REL-T5 sub, but don't really have it turned up too much at all (probably doesn't need it).

I seldom see current JBL threads here. Mala's post for his newly acquired JBL 4319s promted me to start this thread. Don't want to commender his posts. So what models of current JBLs do folks use? In my case it is the 4429s and the LSR6332s. I purchased the 6332s on a whim several years ago, and was taken back by their realistic sound and general overall accuracy. Still use the 6332s in my secondary system with an old Pioneer SA-9500. And I still am impressed with them. I also have an old pair of 4333Bs. They are currently sidelined. IMO the newer designs and modern drivers and crossover networks trump the older designs sound wise. What do other owners/listeners think?View attachment 1013860

Attachments

• IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 30
Any photos of those "holy grails"? When you get them situated let us know what your thoughts are on the sound.

The owner had them when he removed the L300 he realized he had no need for them and sold them to me. They are one of a kind he has a friend in manufacturing and bang you have made to fit stands (heavy)

Back
Top Bottom