P2200 killing me, 46V Dc on one channel!

Eldin

This p2200 is going to be the end of me. One channel has a good 11mv dc offaet while the bad channel has 46V! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could an improperly positioned transistor cause this?

I replaced the three main transistors on this board with their equivalents, replaced a few way out of spec resistors, and the dc offset is still ridiculous.

Drivers can fail on their own due to overheating if you run thing hard. As likely, something further upstream failed first, say a bias pot or low level transistor. You have to work through the circuit, usually backwards from the outputs, and check every single thing. Usually it can be done in-circuit, using the diode check function of your DVM for transistors and diodes. Doing an ohms check, any resistor significantly higher than it's marked value, is defective. Be sure to check any non-pcb mounted parts like emitter resistors.

This p2200 is going to be the end of me. One channel has a good 11mv dc offaet while the bad channel has 46V! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could an improperly positioned transistor cause this?

I replaced the three main transistors on this board with their equivalents, replaced a few way out of spec resistors, and the dc offset is still ridiculous.
Good evening Eldin I happen to have the original shop and repair manuals for that amp if you need a copy and I own 3 of them. Two I bought new in 1978 and a third I bought today

Back
Top Bottom