Thank you for reading this thread

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 53
Also try looking for other models from that time. They probably used the same amplifier in several models like magnavox did. My parents had a Packard Bell with a single ended EL84 amp in it. The console was rather plain looking compared to that one.

I have a Packard-Bell SE amp in my workshop that I use for playing the radio. Can you post a picture of the amp? I have traced the schematic and can scan it if you have the same amp. It's a really simple circuit with a single 12AX7. One section in each channel, cap coupled to the 6BQ5 and global feedback. I'm using small old single driver speakers by Coral and the combo makes for a nice shop radio. For bigger speakers, better output transformers would probably be a good idea. The originals are very small.
John

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need a schematic. Those amps are very simple and it is not hard to trace out the connections and make your own schematic. Just have a tube manual to reference keeping the numbers of the tube socket pins correctly identified.

Back
Top Bottom