Pair of RCA 12AT7

bobabode

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
These are NIB charcoal plate 12AT7 RCA vacuum tubes courtesy of my good friend and uber tuber MPHolland. Less than an hour on 'em so bid 'em up. No reserve.

Auction ends 12/20 at midnight Pacific Time.

Ok, since I'm up - albeit too late for the intended purpose - let's at least get this one started at $20

Thanks for the opening bid Inscrutable :thmbsp:.

The back story on these is Marc sent these to try in my Magnavox amp150 monoblocks in the parallel push pull low frequency amp section. They went head to head with some Mullard 12AT7s and the Mullard's seemed to have a tiny bit better bass.

These also have the RCA boxes which look like they are fresh from the factory and the orange lettering on the tubes is in good shape. I can take a couple pics if desired.

Thanks for the opening bid Inscrutable :thmbsp:.

The back story on these is Marc sent these to try in my Magnavox amp150 monoblocks in the parallel push pull low frequency amp section. They went head to head with some Mullard 12AT7s and the Mullard's seemed to have a tiny bit better bass.

These also have the RCA boxes which look like they are fresh from the factory and the orange lettering on the tubes is in good shape. I can take a couple pics if desired.

Ya know, it's funny you say these beat the Mullards up a little bit. I've been doing a crapload of tube rolling lately, and depending on circuits of course, I've had some really plain jane stuff beat up some really fancy gold pinned euro stuff. I think we audiophools cans get a little wrapped up in names and legend, when what we should do is try everything. I know for a fact that these tubes kick ass.:yes::music:

Ya know, it's funny you say these beat the Mullards up a little bit. I've been doing a crapload of tube rolling lately, and depending on circuits of course, I've had some really plain jane stuff beat up some really fancy gold pinned euro stuff. :

Yeah, same thing here when I had various tube pieces. Didn't always happen, but it was really nice when it did!

Ya know, it's funny you say these beat the Mullards up a little bit. I've been doing a crapload of tube rolling lately, and depending on circuits of course, I've had some really plain jane stuff beat up some really fancy gold pinned euro stuff. I think we audiophools cans get a little wrapped up in names and legend, when what we should do is try everything. I know for a fact that these tubes kick ass.:yes::music:

Just payin' it forward my brother. :smoke:

BTW these have the round halo getters.

Those IEC Mullards may be from the Blackburn plant, I'll have to check the date codes if I ever turn it off.

Yay!. Money sent. I sent $45 but didn't see a place to say VOA.
I tried sending emails twice and they bounced back. That's VOA money under transaction ID: 3W388123279398251

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom