Pallets of speakers and speaker parts for the taking...SF Bay Area

Seems like a trip to look at least might be in order for someone in that area.
I think it's pretty cool they are being offered for free and not just automatically being scrapped for copper or what have you.

I noticed they have pictures of almost every item for sale except the speakers and some bio-hazard thingie.
Don't know if a picture would draw someone there or scare them away.

I noticed they have pictures of almost every item for sale except the speakers and some bio-hazard thingie.
Don't know if a picture would draw someone there or scare them away.

He had a picture before, let me describe it to you - imagine the JVC, Fisher speakers from systems sold at JC Penny or Macy with white cone woofers but not JBL, and numerous other vinyl clad speakers with dollar size magnet on woofers, some cabinets crushed....now imagine all these speakers that sat on their shelves having no buyers, but now you have a pallet full of them. Anything that could have been sold have sold already....when the recycler himself is giving stuff away.....

Thanks slowpat, I understand now why there is no current photo.
BUT it seems like one pair of working, extremely rare, and highly regarded Thrusters would make it all worthwhile.:)

Thanks slowpat, I understand now why there is no current photo.
BUT it seems like one pair of working, extremely rare, and highly regarded Thrusters would make it all worthwhile.:)

Yes, those Panasonic Thrusters with double woofers and chrome dustcaps!! Rock on!

I get pallet loads from the recycler here.

Its like gold mining. 99.9% trash.
I get enough good drivers that flip on eBay to keep it worth while.
Getting rid of the trash is the key.
I can send all the garbage back to the recycler for disposal.

It's very rare that I get a pair.
It's even more rare that the pair is worth much.

If it is an unpicked stream from a recycler, it is worth investigating if you can easily dispose of the trash. My recycler cherry picks the good stuff and does well on parts. They also trash the real trash before making my pile.

It's amazing what people recycle.
There have been some true gems in the piles.

But the work and piles of trash is the price.

There is no such thing as free lunch.

Back
Top Bottom