Panasonic RA-6600, Need help adjusting tuning dial please?

Adam Farber

Hi all, I am new to the forum and need some help please. On my Panasonic RA-6600, wwhen tuning on FM, a station that is on 105.9 is sitting at about 102 on my dial so I need to adjust the pointer so it is accurate, can I do that without having to re do the dial cord? The dial cord is fine, it seems like there should be an easy way to do this, I looked and I can't see how. Any help appreciated!

Thanks, please reply or message me, I can send my e-mail address if needed.

Adam Farber

I'm not sure how the needle is attached to the tuning cord itself. But see if you can adjust/move the needle along the cord to match the tuned frequency.

Huh?
Wut?
Looks like an all in one unit with an analog radio dial.
As mentioned, if possible, tune to a KNOWN local channel, let's just call it 100.0, so your pointer is at 96.1 based on your initial post.
NOW-see if you can access the dial string and pointer. Some have little clips that are "clamped down" on the string (some may have glue or clear nail polish holding the pointer in place), see if you can pry those tabs up enough to slide the pointer along the string so the KNOWN local station matches the dial setting.
Added--once the dial pointer matches the KNOWN station frequency, those little tabs need to be bent back down, and/or a small drop or two of clear nail polish to "lock" the pointer in place. Make sure not to bend or otherwise change the pointer holder/groove guide. Before putting the case back on the unit run the dial from end to end making sure it is not hanging up on the guide. Don't ask me how I know...

Why do I feel like I'm wasting my time?
Based on this I guess...not a dial cord/needle issue

Last edited:
Hi, yes, thanks for the post and caring, I appreciate it. No, it's not a dial cord issue, it's an FM adjustment issue. Thanks, Adam

Hi, yes, thanks for the post and caring, I appreciate it. No, it's not a dial cord issue, it's an FM adjustment issue. Thanks, Adam
Maybe we are not understanding what you're explaining. But, that is what we are trying to explain how to adjust. The radio successfully tunes in stations. The pointer on the dial does not match the tuned frequency. The pointer is what needs to be adjusted.

Hi, I should have mentioned that on AM the dial pointer is correct so that should mean the FM circuit needs to be adjusted, yes? Thanks, Adam

Ok, now it's above my pay grade.
Pretty sure a person needs training and special equipment to do an actual "tuner alignment".
Maybe ask a mod (click "report") to move it to the tuner section where those folks may be helpful.

And now that the rest of the story is added, the answers will change to be more helpful. If it was added at the beginning more relevant answers would have been given.

Yes, sorry, agreed, I knew it needed the FM adjusted and you are correct, I should have noted that in the beginning. Perhaps someone is familiar with the RA-6600 or similar. Thanks, Adam

Adam, your other post about this had two pictures attached. One a diagram and the other the actual tuning gang. Maybe those could also help someone help you.

OK, yes, thanks, I am attaching the pictures so someone can help me adjust the FM so the tuner matches the dial. Again, AM tuning needle is correct so it's FM that needs adjusting, not a dial cord/needle issue. Thanks for anyone who can help, here are pictures. I am sure one of the controls will move the FM frequency, just not sure which. Thanks, ADam

Attachments

• IMG_4654.JPG
    IMG_4654.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4655.JPG
    IMG_4655.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 11
OK, yes, thanks, I am attaching the pictures so someone can help me adjust the FM so the tuner matches the dial. Again, AM tuning needle is correct so it's FM that needs adjusting, not a dial cord/needle issue. Thanks for anyone who can help, here are pictures. I am sure one of the controls will move the FM frequency, just not sure which. Thanks, ADam
Set the dial where the station should be and then slowly turn the the trimmer cap that is just to the left of the variable cap. It is square and black with a white circle in the center where the screwdriver goes. The white and yellow wires are partially blocking it in the picture. It is very sensitive, so you may miss the station or set it to the wrong one. Just go slow until you hear it and make very small tweaks until you get it right. It may need some electronics cleaner if it has any dirty spots. Use one that dries clean, no oil.

Back
Top Bottom