Pandora Premium--the rebirth of rdio!

Discussion in 'Streaming Services' started by +48V, Dec 7, 2016.

1. jhoyt

jhoyt Incomprehensible space llama

So via Android app in general?

2. chicks

chicks Lunatic Member

Looks that way. Odd that it isn't yet on the iPad. It's been on Android and iOS phones since it rolled out, but just now, as of the update 3 or 4 days ago on the Android tablet. App updated same day on iPad, but still just stations, not the premium access.

3. jhoyt

jhoyt Incomprehensible space llama

I'm curious about PP's file type and bitrate. I currently use GPMAA at 320kbps MP3, but have thought that 320k AAC sounds a bit better (short-term auditory memory being what it is, of course). Wasn't RDIO 320k AAC? I seem to remember that they were. I know Tidal is, but I jumped off the Tidal bandwagon for other reasons.

4. chicks

chicks Lunatic Member

And boom! Pandora Direct Control of Sonos, including grouping, etc. Still no Pandora Premium on Alexa, so can only voice control stations for now.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/14/pandora-sonos-direct-connect-premium-support/

IMO Pandora has the best UI, so look forward to testing this out tonight. Google and Spotify have had direct control for some time, but never liked their UIs, and Pandora is the only one that integrates fully with my car.