1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Pandora >Tidal>Amazon Unlimited >Spotify, and now Google

Discussion in 'Streaming Services' started by Alobar, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Archguy

Archguy Official Roiurama Factory Rep Subscriber

Thanks; I'll keep an eye on it though it looks to be a tad costly. OTOH, for someone like me who listens to music virtually every waking hour I guess the hourly rate doesn't work out to much. I've no desire to DL anything though, and would have to experiment to learn if high-rez will be appreciated/justified around here.

Separately, and going back to the previous topic a bit, this auto-disconnect thing between Pandora and Chromecast is now driving me crazy. It often happens almost immediately after I connect. Then it starts playing whatever it wants, and nothing I can do will stop it. Last night I turned off the tablet and my router, and it kept on playing. How is that possible? I ended up unplugging my router, and still it continued. Where is the signal coming from?* I hate it when impossible stuff happens, and it seems to happen all the time.

I ended up turning my amplifiers off. At least that worked. But of course then I had no music. So I listened through my phone speakers like a teenager. Perhaps I should return to playing CDs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Mind you, I eventually realized it had to be the CCA buffer..

Please register to disable this ad.

2. +48V

+48V hi-fi or die

Aye. See my last bullet point on Pandora Premium here. Pandora's autoplay is evil and obviously still causing a yet to be addressed rookie on-demand streaming party foul. :thumbsdown: :crazy:

Archguy likes this.
  3. Archguy

What's weird (at least here at my place) is that this particular malfunction has gotten much worse in the past several weeks. Both CCA and Pandora keep rolling out new versions and updates so it's impossible for me to tell where the problem originates.

Of course now that Pandora has deleted the "Quit" button from its tablet app, it's even more difficult to control than ever.

4. Archguy

Now the behavior is totally different. It has completely stopped the dual-instance thing and now simply stops playing periodically. The way I restart is to 'disconnect' CCA on my tablet and then reconnect. Never touching Pandora. So I'd think this was Google messing with me because I was naughty complaining about their product on AK. Except....it seems only to stop at the end of a song. That'd be Pandora wouldn't it.

Thanks for linking the other thread 48v.