Panels and Cabinets

TXIceman

Apparently i steped over the line here.
But this is not a bizness for me i just do this panels and cabinets in my spare time as a hobby.
But i am sorry and it will not happen again. TXIceman

So TXIceman, as not to spank you and send you home, what are you into? What kind of system do you run? Got any pictures of your setup? Give a little background about what makes you tick. LIke why Iceman? I get the Texas part, so are you into the Spur's "Iceman" or you frequent the local "Ice Houses" or do you sell ice? :D

Welcome Iceman...hope ya have a look around.

Grumpy...just to avoid further confusion, could you run thru the rules for us? I have to admit...I'm unclear what the rules for posting in the for sale forum are now.

The reason for my confusion is the thread that got closed...where you said

Hmmm

Smells like a Bizness that should have contacted AK before posting.

Just so you know had you have been a "contributing member I would not have removed your link.

this got me wondering if there are two, or three, sets of rules for posting in the AK for sale forum (or at AK for that matter)

Thanks,
Dan

Hey TXIceman thanks for the email. You have some nice wood working skills. Small world one of your favorite links is for our own Vintagetx's home page: Reel to Reel - Vintage Texas Gee, I love a good reel to reel. :)

Dan

The same rules apply to everyone. If you are a member you can post all you like to the for sale forum however we do ask for a contribution.

On the other hand as stated in the first couple of post of the for sale forum Businesses should contact an admin before posting to the forum.

I thought it was pretty straight forward to everyone but I was wrong.

He posted an ad on 8/20/03. So he only hits the place to advertise? 3 posts, 2 were advertisements and 1 was an apology.

It’s tough having a mind like fly paper.

Mitch

Last edited:
Just so you know had you have been a "contributing member I would not have removed your link.

I just can't help but read this and see the same rules don't apply to everyone.

:dunno:

When i first read the post i figured "contributing member" meant someone who posts often and adds to the community, not someone with 3 posts that has been registered for a while.

Now it sounds like you have to be a "contributing member" such as a member who has donated to the cause, i did not know this rule existed. I know that you ask if someone sells alot on the forum it would be a nice gesture for them to maybe contribute something but by no means mandatory.

Haoleb

You are right I should have been more clear. What I meant by contributing member was one who contributes their knowledge to AK and not monies. I guess I should have said something like an active member.

Grumpy

Ok whoa fellas, enough already, let's know ride this horse into the ground. Don't want to scare TXIceman away thinking we are a bunch of flakes. Come on TXIceman join in the fun and games and tell us about your wood working hobby. That kind of stuff fits right in the Off Topic (here meaning off audio) forum. You ever do any veneer cabinets or only solid woods. I do a fair amount of wood working myself. It comes in real handy when redoing old Marantz cabinets or building speakers.

I see my friend did a mistake here, I came in too late noticed what he did to get the post taking off , but I guess reading this tread telling you guys about his work.
Actually I encouraged him to join this great Forum awhile back, but because he just started out with old vintage electronics and making panels etc, don't bring out the big ax now Grumpy.
Everybody does mistakes and there is many members here that mostly read other post and stay more in the background, but still enjoy all the different subjects and problem solutions.
I think with all the knowledge that AK members have, we having a good time and fun.
Personally I enjoy AK, gives me knowledge about other things that people like and meeting members with the same hobby.
Of course I try to share and help what I know about reel to reel and some funny pictures sometimes. :rolleyes:
So don't be to fast to swing the ax, I am sure he didn't know the listing part here on AK as other Forums on Yahoo's reel to reel and my own website, where you can list items for sale or your services to help other people with the same hobby.

Have a Great Weekend !!! :)

Vintage TX,
Tell your friend that no harm was meant! I am just getting into wood working and DIY so any help would be welcome. VintageTX, any friend of yours is welcome here.
I will follow Wards lead and welcome TXice.:)
Do I really need a router?:dunno:

Last edited:
Well,well,well.
It seems i stired around in the hornet's nest.
As I told Grumpy I am not a electronic wizard nor do I have some humungus stereo equipment to show of, the only thing I have to contribut with is my passion and skill in wood working.So that is one reason I dont post messages on this site every other day. I just thought I could make somebody happy with some new panels for Christmas.
I make panels and cabinets in my spare time when someone wants a pair.
And if someone wants some speakers I do that to. In my fulltime job I make custom built cabinets (kitchen,bathroom,entertainment centers, etc)and furniture.
I do some venerring but I like to use solid wood because it feels and looks nicer.
To millerdog; You dont need a router unless you want to put some nice profiles on the edges of your panels.
And feel free to E-mail me with anny questions you have.
If this is my way to contribute to this community I bee happy to answer anybodys questuions about wood working.
TXIceman

Back
Top Bottom