Paradigm 11se MkII speakers

fmueller

I am thinking of selling my pair of Paradigm 11se MkII speakers. I kinda hate to loose these puppies, but my wife is keen to get them out of the house due to their size. Also my amp blew some months ago, and I don't have the cash right now to buy another one that could adequately drive them. Shipping these guys is probably a deal breaker, since they weigh a ton, so I am thinking of putting them on Craigslist. What would be a fair asking price for these? I want them priced to sell, but I don't want to give them away for nothing. They work and look like new - always been babied by me. I haven't bought or sold audio equipment in years, so I am kinda clueless.

Many thanks

Frank

Why not tuck 'em in the closet 'til you can save up to properly amp them again? Just slide a few of her 30+ pair of shoes over a bit......

Why is it also that so many women insist on taking the music away from their men?......or sticking crappy Bose cubes on the wall. Or hiding $400 bucks worth of crappy equipment in a $4000 credenza so people can't see it?

Go figure. :scratch2:

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:

I agree with Beemer. If you are anything like me you'll miss them after a year, and start hunting for replacements. Your money probably won't go as far if you sell and re-purchase.

Why not talk to one of the techs here about fixing your amp? ;)

If you still want to sell them, I suggest watching ebay auctions. I have no idea of what a good price for them would be.

They seem rare enough that there are no current or completed eBay auctions for them. To be fair to my wife, she's putting up with an 8' fish tank in the living room - and another 6' tank upstairs, and too many to mention in the basement. Something's gotta give, and I think it's the Paradigms. Music is one of my lesser addictions :D

240G-in-living-room.jpg

To be fair to my wife, she's putting up with an 8' fish tank in the living room - and another 6' tank upstairs, and too many to mention in the basement.

Putting up with?! Big tanks are beautiful. She should be glad you are willing to do the work. :yes: Anyway, sorry I can't help with putting a price on your Paradigms.

fmueller, where are you located? I have a storage unit and would be glad to loan you a little space until you can try life without them. Them being gone from your home is easily reversible. Them being gone from your life may not be! As you said, they don't how up often for sale.

That fish tank is an asset to your room, not a deficit. I'll stand on my previous post.

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:

Ah, you people are a bad influence on me :D

But if you wanted to sell those speakers - as unlikely as that might be - what would you do? Put them on eBay with a starting price of $1? I guess Paradigm is a pretty well known name and people would find them? I have about 125 feedback on eBay 100% positive, and I'd include good photos - photography being another one of my major addictions :D

Gotta be better than Craigslist, since I don't know what to ask for.

Frank

I'm in central Ohio , if it's convenient for you I'll store them in the finished basement-next to my Studio 60s. Failing that , have you checked the ebay prices on wives and/or aquariums?

I wouldn't get rid of a quality speaker that you like. And a correction... music is not an addiction. MUSIC IS LIFE!

I don't understand

I am thinking of selling my pair of Paradigm 11se MkII speakers. I kinda hate to loose these puppies, but my wife is keen to get them out of the house due to their size. Also my amp blew some months ago, and I don't have the cash right now to buy another one that could adequately drive them. Shipping these guys is probably a deal breaker, since they weigh a ton, so I am thinking of putting them on Craigslist. What would be a fair asking price for these? I want them priced to sell, but I don't want to give them away for nothing. They work and look like new - always been babied by me. I haven't bought or sold audio equipment in years, so I am kinda clueless.

Many thanks

Frank

This is about the millionth time I've read this bull shit about "WAF". I am sincere when I ask; please explain. I've had friends, even single friends, that weren't "allowed" to have a Jenny McCarthy? poster or to look at Playboy? What the fu&k is that?
I've been married 20 years, to the same Woman. We are most definitely oil and water. I am an auto mechanic by trade. I sent her ass off to school about 6 years ago so she could "get her act together" (I am much older, wanted her to get her knives sharpened in case I ever took an unexpected dirt nap). Today she is a Deputy District Attorney.
Question is; are there any Males left in this World with a pair of balls? When guys give up their motorcycles, stereo equipment, speakers, tools etc, what gets put in its place?
I understood marriage to be a partnership. When you "men" give up something (get rid of it, if I'm understanding this) does the female in question have to do the same?
Only way I could even begin to understand this all too common phenomena is if the guy in question didn't have to work or hit a lick at anything. Sort of a role reversal, "kept man". Even then........I don't know.
Also, I've always wanted to know what goes in those big holes left in the house when the guys get rid of something.
At one point in the game we had (2) babies still in diapers and were living in a little shit box apartment. I still had my 12 or 13 pairs of speakers, the smallest of which were AR 2aXs. Along with about a thousand Lps. Not to mention the constant flow, in and out of the "house", of "thrifty treasure".
Why is it that the female's "don't wants" seem to trump the male's "wants" (in more areas than just this one) in so many of the cases I read?
Me personally? I couldn't live with someone if I had to stop being who I was. It's not Natural.
Just curious.
Craig

Well, if you so want I am a 'kept man' - I am a stay-at-home dad for our two adopted, special needs kids, Mariah (8) and Malachi (9). My wife and I both have PhDs in chemistry, but she is the by far more career driven one of us, so when the kids moved in two years ago - almost to the day - she kept her academic job, which sounds glamorous, but is not particularly well paid, especially considering the hours she puts in. I decided to stay at home and look after the brats for a while. She'd never make me sell anything I really want, and in addition to the fish tanks I have an extensive camera/lens collection that I recently upgraded from manual focus Minolta to Canon EOS. I have a DSLR and a gazillion lenses from 10mm to 400mm, but I usually pay for the stuff from money I make by buying and selling gear on eBay. We'd be broke if tried to siphon the cash out of the household money!

Regarding the speakers, I have a pair of Atoms in the living room and a pair of ATL HD 304 in the bedroom. The latter are a German made speaker, and little known around here, but those are my babies and would never be sold! I bought them in Germany when I was in my teens. The 11se I haven't been able to use in months, so they are just an eye sore in the family room right now. Considering for a moment that I'd keep them - you guys are a bad influence on me - but in a way you are right, I do like them and I paid good money to have them shipped to me some years back, which would obviously go down the drain if I sold them. What kind of system would you recommend for driving them? I only need an amp and a cd player. It shouldn't break the bank, but I am vary about buying audio stuff second hand. I made some major purchases of used NAD and Nakamichi equipment maybe three years ago, and all the stuff I bought died within a few months. So while I buy most aquarium and photo stuff second hand, I don't want to take that risk any more for audio stuff. Problem with the 11se is that they need quite a bit of umph to get them going - much easier with the Atoms and the ATL, which are not much bigger. I have a second pair of Atoms stored away in the basement, which I was planning to use to replace the 11se :D

BTW - if I actually got the 11se going again, my wife would not object. While not into photography or fish tanks, she loves classical music, and used to play the violin at a level where she could have easily chosen to become a professional. In other words once the sound great there will be no objections, but at the moment they just look big and ugly!

Well, if you so want I am a 'kept man' - I am a stay-at-home dad for our two adopted, special needs kids, Mariah (8) and Malachi (9).

Nope, that would make you a FULL time WORKING Man, especially if you are doing all the other shit like cooking, cleaning etc.
NOT an easy job, that's why MOST, NOT ALL, women do it so poorly. Men do it better for the most part. Women as a rule will work harder to please and impress strangers and other "3rd parties", despite the "nurturing" Myth.
If this IS the case, then YOUR Wife is INCREDIBLY fortunate.

My comments weren't directed at you specifically, it's just that your post reawakened my past observations, which seem to be chronic.

I've done the "stay at home" thing myself, full time for nearly 3 years (I have a worn out skeleton).
It ain't easy Brother.
Regards,
Craig
P. S. : KEEP THE DAMN SPEAKERS! :yes:

In all afirness, the 11Se Mk.II's are BIG speakers. I have a pair of 7 Se Mk.II's and those seem big enough. But if you like them, I would try to fit them in. They aren't made anymore (albeit there are newer versions) but once gone, they're gone. And if you decide you want them back someitme later, it's either take a chance on somebody else's unknown-history-castoffs, or roll the dice. I'd suggest storing them for awhile first, before you say "buh-bye" for good.

But if you do...............

Many thanks

Frank

$400.00 FIRM!!!!! if they are cherry.
In California, I could probably see $500.00.
I regularly flip Titan Version 1s (the BEST sounding and cheapest built) for $150.00.
Yours cost around a grand new. Original owner? Do you have the cartons?
Don't know if you've already said; what state are you in? Still, stick to this price if it comes to it, MINIMUM no matter if you're in South Dakota. :yes:
Craigslist is the way to go, whenever possible. Cash and pick-up only.
Makes for the cleanest of deals, I love it, for buying and selling.
NO misunderstandings, NO Shipping bull shit to come here and write about.
Face to face (SCREEN CAREFULLY BEFORE INVITING FOLKS OVER)
Only use ePay when there is no other choice.
Regards,
Craig

Nope, that would make you a FULL time WORKING Man, especially if you are doing all the other shit like cooking, cleaning etc.

That would be me :D

Cleaning is not so much my thing, but cooking I actually enjoy! I did like 98% of the cooking long before the kids moved in. It's really more of a hobby, and it relaxes me doing in. In fact, I get stressed out when my wife wants to do anything in the kitchen and starts playing around with my stuff. I cook a lot of Asian - especially curries and Thai food, but also German stuff. You can't beat a good pork roast done on the spit, with the nice spicy crackling on the outside served with home made potato dumplings, Sauerkraut and gravy - and of course a good beer! :beerchug:

$400.00 FIRM!!!!! if they are cherry.

They are black. I am the second owner. I used to have the boxes, but unfortunately ditched them, because I never thought I would sell those speakers, but I have the owners manuals and the 'spiked plinth' they stand on. I am in NE Ohio, close to both Cleveland and Akron.

I had them shipped when I bought them, and I am not going to go there again. The first pair I bought via eBay arrived in shreds - the seller had just wrapped them in some paper - no bubble wrap, no cardboard, no nothing! I send them back and got a refund, but had to pay for the return shipping! I later bought these, and they are perfect, except for one tiny nick at a front top corner - see second to last photo.

Again, if I keep them, any recommendation for a new CD player and amp that can drive these puppies and don't break the bank?

That would be me :D

Cleaning is not so much my thing, but cooking I actually enjoy! I did like 98% of the cooking long before the kids moved in. It's really more of a hobby, and it relaxes me doing in. In fact, I get stressed out when my wife wants to do anything in the kitchen and starts playing around with my stuff. I cook a lot of Asian - especially curries and Thai food, but also German stuff. You can't beat a good pork roast done on the spit, with the nice spicy crackling on the outside served with home made potato dumplings, Sauerkraut and gravy - and of course a good beer! :beerchug:

They are black. I am the second owner. I used to have the boxes, but unfortunately ditched them, because I never thought I would sell those speakers, but I have the owners manuals and the 'spiked plinth' they stand on. I am in NE Ohio, close to both Cleveland and Akron.

I had them shipped when I bought them, and I am not going to go there again. The first pair I bought via eBay arrived in shreds - the seller had just wrapped them in some paper - no bubble wrap, no cardboard, no nothing! I send them back and got a refund, but had to pay for the return shipping! I later bought these, and they are perfect, except for one tiny nick at a front top corner - see second to last photo.

Again, if I keep them, any recommendation for a new CD player and amp that can drive these puppies and don't break the bank?

Trust me here. Look for and find (you won't regret it) a Proton D540. Better than a Nad to my ears. Cost: WELL UNDER $200.00 (just sold mine (2) weeks ago for $150.00. It was MINT and included a service manual. BIG MISTAKE. Super flexible, good sounding work horse. CHEAP but GOOD.

CD Player: Original SONY Playstation 1 Model # SCPH 1001 ONLY!!!!!!! I picked up a couple, one had tracking ailments which I easily addessed with a DVOM and a helpful German web sight. Plenty of "how to"
information and tweaks on the web. Cost: I won't pay over $25.00
The damn thing sounded so good I IMMEDIATELY posted and sold my Rega Planet on craigslist. You can purchase BRAND NEW LASER ASSEMBLIES COMPLETE WITH MOTOR AND SPINDLE for this Playstation for under $20.00.
If you can stir a pot, you can service this machine. BRAND NEW power supplies for this unit run around $10.00.
You feelin' me? :yes:
And it's real FIDELITY SOUND, don't let anyone tell you different.
The Emperor has NO clothes. :no:
Craig

Back
Top Bottom