Paradigm Monitor 9v2

Speedbump71

Buried in speakers
Subscriber
I have a co worker that wants to unload his speakers. Since he heard "I'm into audio" and his wife made him buy a soundbar, he has offered me the following.

2 Paradigm monitor 9 v.2 tower speakers, Black Ash.
1 Paradigm CC-370 v.2 speaker (center channel), black.
2 Paradigm ADP-170 v.2 speakers (rear channels), white

All in boxes. Look to be in good condition. I know I could probably make a few bucks on them, but I have a boatload of speakers already. Is the sound quality good enough that they should take up space in my already crowded guestroom (speaker holding facility).

Last edited:
IMO the asking price is a very good deal. As for them being good enough to compete with the other speakers you already have-- well-- I don't know because I don't know what other speakers you already have. If you bought them and didn't think they measured up to what you already have, you could always resell them with zero problems especially with the original boxes-- Paradigms are very popular speakers.

I have a feeling my daily drivers will beat these pretty soundly. I have Ohm model I, Infinity Kappa 9, JBL L200, Timeframe 600, and have cycled through a ton of others...I am a bit curious though, as I don't think I have ever heard a set of Paradigms before. I think I will probably buy them, and then save them for when a pal wants to try something more serious, but needs a matching set for SAF purposes. Should be easy enough to store in the original boxes.

Those speakers most likely need a recap. I have a pair of Monitor 9 V1 and the CC-360, the models before your co-workers. They cost $1,100 new in 1999. Paradigm used electrolytics in those speakers. I waited too long to recap, which I did a month ago. The difference was amazing. They are good speakers, but I prefer the older Paradigms (I also have pairs of 3e and 5e).

Those speakers most likely need a recap. I have a pair of Monitor 9 V1 and the CC-360, the models before your co-workers. They cost $1,100 new in 1999. Paradigm used electrolytics in those speakers. I waited too long to recap, which I did a month ago. The difference was amazing. They are good speakers, but I prefer the older Paradigms (I also have pairs of 3e and 5e).

Funny you say that- I sort of agree here- the bang for the buck you got with their old se and performance series was amazing. I had a pair of 7se MK III's that sounded glorious even though they were quite small and skinny for floorstanders. I also had the old Titans, Phantoms, and Atoms (all the early ones that said "Perofrmance Series" in red letters across the front) and they were amazing as well. I always sort of preferred those to the Monitor Series.

Back
Top Bottom