Parasound 2250 V2

Wondering if this is good for music only. anybody know?

The THX standard will not dictate whether an amp is rated for music vs theater usage. Parasound has been making excellent 2 channel gear since the 80's, and this line is their lower tier one for the more budget minded. That said, it has impressive specs and would be fine for music. Your speakers, if they aren't rated for 250 watts, would be something to be careful with if you like ear bleeding levels. But if you are like most, 90 decibels is getting pretty loud, and depending on how far you sit from the speakers(and their sensitivity rating) would likely be under 50 watts.

I have the predecessor to this amp, which is nearly identical. It sounds great on every set of speakers I have hooked it up to, and has enough power to drive just about anything you may throw at it. Purchased mine used for about $400 and could not be happier. I did have a speaker selector switch go bad, but Parasound sent me one free with a phone call. Talked to the head honcho (Richard Schram) as well...he answered the phone in tech support.

I have the predecessor to this amp, which is nearly identical. It sounds great on every set of speakers I have hooked it up to, and has enough power to drive just about anything you may throw at it. Purchased mine used for about $400 and could not be happier. I did have a speaker selector switch go bad, but Parasound sent me one free with a phone call. Talked to the head honcho (Richard Schram) as well...he answered the phone in tech support.

Richard will answer your emails most of the time, as well. Great company. Wish I had discovered them sooner.

Wondering if this is good for music only. anybody know?
I am using this amp now for music only, mostly vinyl playback, with the 2100 parasound preamp, with the kef R300s I love it, i see It is on sale for $999 now, a great buy, class A/B huge transformer, I will be purchasing another to monoblock them at 750 wpc. to run a large pair of epi towers eventually. no money is wasted on meters or looks. just performance.

Last edited:
HiFijeff look at the Parasound A 23 (not the +)it checks all your boxes. High quality A/B, 225 conservative watts (really more like 250) into 4 ohms and 45 amps peak / channel. With the new A23+ out now their dumping the old A23 for around 800 to 900. I have one and it sounds fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom