Parasound's new Halo integrated

Okay, I was referring to the speaker's internal crossover, but 60 Hz for your sub is a good point.

I've been reading up on the Hint, it actually sounds pretty good. Fred, are you still loving it? I'm curious as to how the remote control volume functions. Can you turn it up in small increments with the remote, or does it jump up pretty significantly with one push of the remote? And have you tried out the dac section yet?

I am finding this unit is really great.
I use it for instance on Saturday and Sunday mornings to listen to music a bit subdued while others are sleeping. I find the volume control is very precise using the remote. I get it exactly where I need it, easily, with no large over or under shoots.
I run JRiver using my MacBook Pro and the USB output into the HINT's USB input. Listening to everything from MP3s to FLAC files and it sounds very good. No complaints. The phono section is also top notch.
I have at leas a hundred hours on the unit and it seems to get better all the time.

Okay, wow. That really sounds like a great amp. I've been trying to find comparisons and reviews on it.

I use it for instance on Saturday and Sunday mornings to listen to music a bit subdued while others are sleeping. I find the volume control is very precise using the remote. I get it exactly where I need it, easily, with no large over or under shoots.
I run JRiver using my MacBook Pro and the USB output into the HINT's USB input. Listening to everything from MP3s to FLAC files and it sounds very good. No complaints. The phono section is also top notch.
I have at leas a hundred hours on the unit and it seems to get better all the time.

Really good news... enjoy the music

I just found some more info on this beast. The volume does indeed step off of zero more gradually, they use the term logarithmic and it basically means that the volume is on a curve increasing very gradually for the first 10% or so. Here's a thread with the info from what is apparently a dealer.

Post 284 if needed. That's I think the opposite of my NAD C375bee, which is quite aggressive for the first half of the dial. I like Parasound's approach much better.

For the money the Halo Integrated is hard to beat. I use the A23 and P5 in a secondary system. That combo is a rough equivalent of the Integrated. I believe the Halo Integrated is 165 watts per channel. The A23 is 125 watts per channel.

I just found some more info on this beast. The volume does indeed step off of zero more gradually, they use the term logarithmic and it basically means that the volume is on a curve increasing very gradually for the first 10% or so. Here's a thread with the info from what is apparently a dealer.

Post 284 if needed. That's I think the opposite of my NAD C375bee, which is quite aggressive for the first half of the dial. I like Parasound's approach much better.

If you are nearby, I'd be happy to demo it for you...

That's very generous of you but I'm on the other side of the continent outside of Vancouver Canada! Parasound doesn't even have dealers in Canada, but that won't stop me...

No dealers there? That's too bad. Unfortunately, a lack of hi-fi dealers is a common issue. Here in the Milwaukee area we have three upper end dealers, and only one has Parasound that I am aware of.

Shoot, one of these bad boys is listed on Audiogon and it's bad timing right now! Must...resist...

I just bought a HINT, should have it this Saturday.......It was between that and the P5/A23 combo. I really have no room for separates. I have been home demoing a Musical Fidelity M5si also, its really nice but not leaps and bounds better than my C356BEE, other than a great low end with tons of bass.

Should be fun, I have been reading everything on the HINT and it reads super nice!

I just bought a HINT, should have it this Saturday.......It was between that and the P5/A23 combo. I really have no room for separates. I have been home demoing a Musical Fidelity M5si also, its really nice but not leaps and bounds better than my C356BEE, other than a great low end with tons of bass.

Should be fun, I have been reading everything on the HINT and it reads super nice!

I am listening to mine right now, and still love it.
Please let us know what your impressions are. I don't remember if it mattered all that much, but I did let it run continuously for the first week or so to break it in. Can't say it made a difference as it's always sounded terrific.

I am listening to mine right now, and still love it.
Please let us know what your impressions are. I don't remember if it mattered all that much, but I did let it run continuously for the first week or so to break it in. Can't say it made a difference as it's always sounded terrific.

Will do....It does need run in time talking to the rep and Parasound guy. Maybe 50-80 hours but my NAD took prolly 200 hours.....I will run my digital player for 2-3 days straight b4 doing some critical listening. I am 95% vinyl the rest digital files and CDs.....

Back
Top Bottom