Pas 3 new power supply/no volume from one channel

Mreyes1895

Hi all,

I just finished my final upgrade by building and installing the tubesforhifi regulated power supply to run the aikido line stage. I had it running on the zmod power supply and it sounded beautiful. Now with the new supply I have no volume/weak in one channel. Anyone encounter this problem or have any ideas on what to check?
Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Try the easy/common things first. Is it the original selector switch? Try cleaning it with contact cleaner. Same with tube sockets, try wriggling the tubes. Try swapping the tubes with each other, see if the problem moves to the other channel. Same with interconnects, clean the RCA sockets. Is the B+ voltage correct?

Hi all,

I just finished my final upgrade by building and installing the tubesforhifi regulated power supply to run the aikido line stage. I had it running on the zmod power supply and it sounded beautiful. Now with the new supply I have no volume/weak in one channel. Anyone encounter this problem or have any ideas on what to check?
Thanks Mike
Unless your new PS, is dual mono, one for each channel, it can not be that. If both channels connect to the same B+ and one side is working the other side should be as well. If Freds suggestions give no solutions, you might check you wiring or power hookups to your new PS. Maybe a cold solder joint of bad ground.

and to prevent accidents, if you use a VOM/DMM to check voltages, please, please use
insulated clips on the ends of the probes. clip then turn power on then read meter.

way too many accidents reported here on AK about probes slipping and...

use one hand, preferably right hand, keep left hand in pocket, keep feet off the floor
or in rubber shoes.

the voltages inside tube equipment are LETHAL.

Back
Top Bottom