PAS 3X

Andrea6625

My Pas 3x suddenly develop a HUM , My ST 70 is fine , I’m using a Marantz 2230 as a Pre amp without a Hum , anybody from East Coast repair or recaps PAS 3x ,. Any help will be appreciated .I’m From NJ

Where in NJ?
I'm in Long Branch but my "bench" is in storage ( in laws moved in and took that room).
The Red Bank, Shrewsbury area has a couple of places that can repair your preamp.

The most likely is that the B+ can cap has dried out. There is replacements available, but at the same
amount of money one can obtain a replacement power board that replaces all powersupply caps and
the selenium rectifier. See erhard "Z-PSU power supply" ( http://www.erhard-audio.com/Power_Supply_Kits.html)

There is similar boards avalable from several sources, all with similar characteristics. Erhard is "close" and
he might even install it if you ask him.

I'd be happy to install the Z-PSU kit into your PAS and I will do the installation and testing for free for you! All I ask you to pay is for the kit and the shipping here and back to you. If you are interested, 'pm' me.

A most generous offer! I have a Pas 3 with this mod installed. In my opinion this one mod provides the most significant performance improvement of all the mods available for the Pas series. Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom