Passing through for a bit

macaltec

Metal Master
Hi everybody. I am addicted to old school BMX/freestyle bikes...........oops, wrong forum.

I used to hang out here alot. The weight has been piling on and the kids geting older. I am using my summer (a damn hot one) to do some outdoor activities and spend more time with my kids. I've managed to drop a few pounds too, from my belly to my @$$ :D. As you see from my opening statement I have been obsessing over the bikes of my youth. If anyone is interested drop me a line and I'll link you to the forum. As always, there are tunes blasting as I work on my bikes and while I ride around the yard. I still enjoy my various pieces of gear, my horn loaded speakers with tubes, and a resurgance of vinyl when the sun goes down. I still keep in touch with the local audio guys (when I find a bike on CL I need picked up :D ,thanks Homer). When cooler weather hits I hope to rekindle my interests here. Wonder what the next hobby will be :scratch2:?

Hi, nice to meet you. I also rotate from hobby to hobby. Not into BMX, but MTB. It's funny how a small incident can shift one's interests. Two years ago I was hitting the trails every week until I hit something and flew over the handlebars. It was not my intention to stop riding, but during recuperation, I got my records out of boxes and the next thing you know, audio moves to the front burner.

Hi, nice to meet you. I also rotate from hobby to hobby. Not into BMX, but MTB. It's funny how a small incident can shift one's interests. Two years ago I was hitting the trails every week until I hit something and flew over the handlebars. It was not my intention to stop riding, but during recuperation, I got my records out of boxes and the next thing you know, audio moves to the front burner.

I am half expecting a similar incident in my not too distant future. I am not racing as much as just collecting/building bikes and just riding around the neighborhood with the kids and showing off a bit. The kids are showing an interest in checking out the nearest BMX track though. I'm gonna go check out my medical insurance and see if it covers old guys getting busted up while trying to relive the glory days.

I can see it now....

istockphoto_1588152_jump_3.jpg

Look out below!!!!!.....:yikes:

Ahh... back a few years ago I had a SE Racing PK Ripper and a Cook Bros. - wish I had them back. Good times. :yes:

Indeed. Very valuable bikes right now. Go ahead and kick yourself now.

AA, I'm surprised to see your post. I thought I had blacklisted you :scratch2:. Where'd you get that pic of me? Thanks for allowing me to be OT from the forum guys.

I'll get to see this new, trimmer version of macbose:D tomorrow.....
Looking forwards to seeing you and the wife...

Bill

I'll get to see this new, trimmer version of macbose:D tomorrow.....
Looking forwards to seeing you and the wife...

Bill

I got yer trimmer and yer Bose.

Thanks Oz.Couldn't we repremand Cableguy for some sorta slander :scratch2: :D?

Back
Top Bottom