Pats rule Peyton Manning drools!

THOR

Fearless Prophet
Oh how I love it, all year long we hear Peyton Manning this and Peyton Manning that and then what happens???? He chokes again!!!!

Now they say well Manning can't do it all himself he needs defensive help when all year long they talked about how HE was doing it all himself.

While THE best QB and THE best football team toiled away quietly and once again Tom Brady and the Pats proved the only stat that matters is winning!

I always thought Manning was about half full of codswallop when he was at UT as well. Some of the Vol fans acted like he frequently walked on water, but I didn't particularly think the sun rose & set in his posterior. He was a GOOD QB, no lie, but not quite as good as he or some writers THOUGHT he was.-Sandy G.

Well, they say defense wins Superbowls, and so does keeping the other teams O on the bench with grind them out, ball control football! Right, Peyton :yes:

Also, as a native Wisconsonite, I love it when the dome and Southern teams get dragged out into the elements. I really wish that the Superbowl would go to a home team situation, like back in the old NFL championship days. Like the Ice Bowl. I understand it's all about the benjamins now, but both the NFC and AFC championships will be played outside in PA this year, and I don't think that there will be too many empty seats at those games! :no:

Outside, on grass, yepper! :thmbsp:

Now fellas, let's don't go pickin on my former Vol Peyton. I personally think what he's accomplished this year is quite remarkable. All this "They Say" stuff Thor is not coming from Peyton. Every time I see him interviewed, he's pretty humble and constantly giving his team the credit. And I for one would much rather see a guy handle himself with class, than say, pretend to moon the opposing team's fans, or pull a sharpie out of his sock, or just in general be an arse.

Course Peyton did moon a female trainer while at UT. Apparently his arse is butt-ugly, as there is still a lawsuit pending. :butt2:

JD

Yeah, I remember that one ! Seems like the bottom line on it was she had no business in the locker room in the 1st place, & 2nd thing, you're a trainer, these are still fairly young boys in a lot of ways, get over it !! -Sandy G.

I am so pissed now. I hate the Steelers and the Pats. I guess I'll need to root for the Falcons. At least they play an exciting brand of football. Go Vick !!!! Peyton is this decades version of Dan Marino. Marino couldn't beat the Bills and Manning can't beat Bellichek.

Mike

ProAc_Fan said:
At least they play an exciting brand of football.
Mike

EXCITING...!!!!! Two Super Bowl Championships in three years... now that's EXCITING!!!!

Well, being a born and bred Baltimoron (who was living in Baltimore the night the Mayflower moving vans snuck the Colts outta town under cover of darkeness to Indianoplace)... I couldn't be happier that the Colts went down.

And then again, as a latter-day New Englander (since 1991)... I am maybe even just a notch happier that it was the Pats that beat 'em.

But still, I have to reflect the classic New England sports fan's sence of defeatest, jaded cynicism... and express here that I am honestly worried about going up against Pittsburgh again on their home turf. :-(

I pullin' for the Patriots, though!

mhardy6647 said:
Well, being a born and bred Baltimoron (who was living in Baltimore the night the Mayflower moving vans snuck the Colts outta town under cover of darkeness to Indianoplace)... I couldn't be happier that the Colts went down.

And then again, as a latter-day New Englander (since 1991)... I am maybe even just a notch happier that it was the Pats that beat 'em.

But still, I have to reflect the classic New England sports fan's sence of defeatest, jaded cynicism... and express here that I am honestly worried about going up against Pittsburgh again on their home turf. :-(

I pullin' for the Patriots, though!

Back before Boston and New England had a pro football team when I was just a snotty nosed kid, my favorite team was the Baltimore Colts and of course my favorite QB, Johnny Unitas. God, could he throw the long one!
Of course, back then all we got on Sundays was NY Giant games but even then, I hated NY teams and loved seeing the Colts kick the Giants ass.

Mark, as far as the Steelers... not to worry, "In Belichick We Trust". That first game with the Steelers was an anomaly, ya know, "a bad day at the office".

Why yes- as you know, in his entire coaching career Bela Chick has managed to win one game at Pittsburgh (1-7 I believe).

Of course, it was the one that mattered most :sigh:

Belichick is the real reason

I don't think he choked. He got beat by a system. I'm sure Manning could lead the Pats to the SB also. And that's no knock on Brady. The Colts got beat on offence, defence and special teams. One guy doesn't beat you when you play NE, they have so many good players. Plug-n-play. Dillon is great but even he is replaceable. They won last year without him. Scary. Very scary. MikE

JDaniel said:
Now fellas, let's don't go pickin on my former Vol Peyton. I personally think what he's accomplished this year is quite remarkable. All this "They Say" stuff Thor is not coming from Peyton. Every time I see him interviewed, he's pretty humble and constantly giving his team the credit. And I for one would much rather see a guy handle himself with class, than say, pretend to moon the opposing team's fans, or pull a sharpie out of his sock, or just in general be an arse.

Course Peyton did moon a female trainer while at UT. Apparently his arse is butt-ugly, as there is still a lawsuit pending. :butt2:

JD

Yeah but Manning's "oh golly gee" country fried humbleness just seems fake and put on to me :yes:

I do love that commercial he's in as the fan.

"Let's go, Insurance Adjusters, let's go!!" :lmao: :lmao:

"Cut that meat! Cut that meat!" :lmao: I do get a kick out of that one.

Where to begin? Manning is the Marino of this generation: a guy with gaudy numbers who'll never win "the big one." On the other hand, Brady has won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls (soon to be 3 of the last 4 :yes: ). Screw Vick, Manning, McNabb, et al- Tom Brady is the greatest QB since Joe Montana. He's got ice water in his veins, and he always finds the way to win games. If I was starting a team and could take anyone I wanted, he'd by my starter over all the other guys out there (and I'm a diehard Vikings fan- Culpepper had an amazing year and can do things Brady couldn't dream of- but he doesn't have "it" like Brady does).

The Steelers are a great team, but if Big Ben looked like a deer in the headlights facing the Jets, what's gonna happen when Bellicheck sinks his teeth into him? Pittsburg has maybe the best 1-2 running back combo going (well, maybe next to Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson) and the #1 defense on paper. But something tells me even with homefield, the Pats will be too much.

I'm predicting Philly Cheesesteaks and New England Clam Chowder in Feb! :yes: And the Pats knock the stuffing out of the Eagles. Just a guess. Well see in a few weeks. :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom