Pawn Shops what a Laugh

silver faced

So had to go back to the city to load up on materials for a job. Do the usual rounds . As im walking into this Pawn Shop i get in the door and this Monster is starring at me! Im on a mission need a BT speaker for a friend ,get that and ask Dude about receiver, Yea [he goes] been here a while, I ak can we power it up, sure Dude goes, well nothing, As i try to hold my bluff we both laugh Dude says give me 20 i say 10 we split it at 15. Whistling along cant wait to get home {in a couple days} i get home do my usual cleaning De-Oxit it lube it all right off the bat. Now i go for a deep cleaning right off the bat and look for any thing the eye catches,nothing, Get it all set up with a TT for its test, Everything is crisp and rocks,needs 2 lamps . IM STOKED
I think when he plugged it in his power strip was off because it fired right up for me :bowdown::bigok::music:

Attachments

• IMG_0291.JPG
    IMG_0291.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 284
Is that a 980?? I had one of those I got off Craigslist that was nearly cosmetically mint, and was a true joy to hear. Miss it. I gave about 85 bucks more than you.

GREAT score.

My 980 ran remarkably cool when I had it. Lightning took out the left channel, I had it repaired, but I could still hear low level distortion once in awhile.

Man, that was a beautiful receiver with a sound somewhere between Yamaha Clean and 50 series audio butter. In other words, very nice and full without bloat.

Dammit, why did I sell that again??? :dunno:

My biggest score was finding a working Sansui 1000A for $10.00 at a flea market in 1990.

I agree but if you must get those felt pads and stick them onto the legs of the tape deck. It will not scratch then. I worry more about the heat.
Heat will not be an issue as the louvers of the 980 are on the back half and the RTR is on the wood in the front half should not effect it at all.

Heat will not be an issue as the louvers of the 980 are on the back half and the RTR is on the wood in the front half should not effect it at all.

I bet that turntable covers the whole unit and the tape deck may not. He had pictures of both on top.

So had to go back to the city to load up on materials for a job. Do the usual rounds . As im walking into this Pawn Shop i get in the door and this Monster is starring at me! Im on a mission need a BT speaker for a friend ,get that and ask Dude about receiver, Yea [he goes] been here a while, I ak can we power it up, sure Dude goes, well nothing, As i try to hold my bluff we both laugh Dude says give me 20 i say 10 we split it at 15. Whistling along cant wait to get home {in a couple days} i get home do my usual cleaning De-Oxit it lube it all right off the bat. Now i go for a deep cleaning right off the bat and look for any thing the eye catches,nothing, Get it all set up with a TT for its test, Everything is crisp and rocks,needs 2 lamps . IM STOKED
I think when he plugged it in his power strip was off because it fired right up for me :bowdown::bigok::music:

I hereby declare a citizens arrest !!
You Sir, are placed under arrest for the theft of said hi fi equipment !
Bail refused !
:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:
Well done :thumbsup:
BTW, That pawn shop guy should give himself an upper cut :wtf::yikes::yikes::yikes:

I bet that turntable covers the whole unit and the tape deck may not. He had pictures of both on top.
Final resting place,for the near future
I hereby declare a citizens arrest !!
You Sir, are placed under arrest for the theft of said hi fi equipment !
Bail refused !
:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:
Well done :thumbsup:
BTW, That pawn shop guy should give himself an upper cut :wtf::yikes::yikes::yikes:
o way , maybe he needs to get in the ring with a Roo, or he just deserves an attaboy I'll check back when I'm in town though cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom