PC-4 Power Controller

CMK16

McNut
Any info on the features of the PC-4 Power Controller? The web site doesn't provide any info. I like the idea of delaying the turn on of my 3 power amps (402, 252, 7205) if that's a feature of the unit.

Thanks.

I've got one which I use to control my power amp, and assorted items like the turntable, phono preamp, Squeexebox, etc.

While it serves its purpose, it do not believe it has any sort of delay mechanism built in. It uses the standard 5V trigger, I believe, as well as the rather industry-standard 1/8" plug, which is found on other switching devices from 3rd party vendors.

The delay feature would have to be supplied either by the controlling device, a C2200 in my case, or an outboard unit connected between the controlling device and the PC-4.

Check the C2200 manual, downloadable online from Mac, for some suggestions on how to use it with that pre - but delay is not one of the options there.

Cheers,

David

dshoaf said:
I've got one which I use to control my power amp, and assorted items like the turntable, phono preamp, Squeexebox, etc.

While it serves its purpose, it do not believe it has any sort of delay mechanism built in. It uses the standard 5V trigger, I believe, as well as the rather industry-standard 1/8" plug, which is found on other switching devices from 3rd party vendors.

The delay feature would have to be supplied either by the controlling device, a C2200 in my case, or an outboard unit connected between the controlling device and the PC-4.

Check the C2200 manual, downloadable online from Mac, for some suggestions on how to use it with that pre - but delay is not one of the options there.

Cheers,

David

Thanks David, the PC-3 which I have seen on eBay recently does provide a short turn-on delay, so I thought the PC-4 might do so as well.

Cheerio,
Cy

Hi guys, Same issue here. I tried to get a PC-4 for powering up my MC275 from my C2200 but no luck: discontinued by McIntosh...

What a shame as some of their current products don't have power control...

masterlu said:
The PC-2 is what your looking for, I have one in storage! :D

Can you describe its features and does having it in storage mean you would be willing to find it a new loving home?

Thanks,
Cy

CMK16 said:
Can you describe its features and does having it in storage mean you would be willing to find it a new loving home?

Thanks,
Cy

PC-2 Sequential Power Controller. AC power relay (14 outlets). Seven outlets are switched and can be controlled by any McIntosh remote control system. These outlets turn on first. About 1/2 second later, each each of the four power amplifier outlets turn on in 1/2 second delayed sequence. Three outlets are unswitched. Has built-in surge protectors and RFI filtering. Sold from 1994-. Last retail price $600.00

I may consider selling it.

masterlu said:
PC-2 Sequential Power Controller. AC power relay (14 outlets). Seven outlets are switched and can be controlled by any McIntosh remote control system. These outlets turn on first. About 1/2 second later, each each of the four power amplifier outlets turn on in 1/2 second delayed sequence. Three outlets are unswitched. Has built-in surge protectors and RFI filtering. Sold from 1994-. Last retail price $600.00

I may consider selling it.

Please contact me via PM if you decide to do so. Thanks, Cy

Back
Top Bottom