PC Setup for FLAC Playback using WMP

Decibel_116

AK Subscriber
I have recently begun to rip CDs to 16/44.1 FLAC files. I’m ripping them with Windows Media Player and also playing back through a DAC. I connected the DAC using a Schiit Eitr. DAC is an old Aragon D2A PCM58 based. It seemed all too easy to set this up and sounds very nice. Did I miss anything in the setup? Are there any settings I should be aware of?

Next question is what can I use for a remote control app?

I assume I have all the settings correct since no replies. Any suggestions about how to remote control WMP?

Thanks

AFAIK there is no remote for WMP. Frankly, there are numerous other players that IMO are much better than WMP. With the major exception being JRiver (free to try) most popular players are free. Foobar and Nightingale (free players) have free remote Android apps. In addition most of the free players have a much better interface than WMP.

Here are a few worth giving a listen.
Foobar
MusicBee
Media Monkey
Nightingale

All of them except Nightingale offer WASAPI which improves the sound. They all have a more audio oriented interface than WMP. Plus they are totally free.

FWIW: I use either EAC (Exact Audio Copy) or FreAC (free audio converter) for all my CD rips.

Back
Top Bottom