PC Setup for FLAC Playback using WMP

Discussion in 'Digital Integration' started by Decibel_116, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Decibel_116

Decibel_116 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have recently begun to rip CDs to 16/44.1 FLAC files. I’m ripping them with Windows Media Player and also playing back through a DAC. I connected the DAC using a Schiit Eitr. DAC is an old Aragon D2A PCM58 based. It seemed all too easy to set this up and sounds very nice. Did I miss anything in the setup? Are there any settings I should be aware of?

Next question is what can I use for a remote control app?

Leebob likes this.
  2. Decibel_116

Decibel_116 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I assume I have all the settings correct since no replies. Any suggestions about how to remote control WMP?

Thanks

3. JoeESP9

JoeESP9 ESL's & tubes since 83

AFAIK there is no remote for WMP. Frankly, there are numerous other players that IMO are much better than WMP. With the major exception being JRiver (free to try) most popular players are free. Foobar and Nightingale (free players) have free remote Android apps. In addition most of the free players have a much better interface than WMP.

Here are a few worth giving a listen.
    Foobar
    MusicBee
    Media Monkey
    Nightingale

All of them except Nightingale offer WASAPI which improves the sound. They all have a more audio oriented interface than WMP. Plus they are totally free.

FWIW: I use either EAC (Exact Audio Copy) or FreAC (free audio converter) for all my CD rips.

Decibel_116 and Leebob like this.
  4. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock Subscriber

Kodi is also totally free and can be controlled by a remote app called Kore. Both work great.

Decibel_116 and Leebob like this.
  5. JoeESP9

JoeESP9 ESL's & tubes since 83

I forgot Kodi and VLC. I've tried both but prefer a dedicated audio application for music.

Decibel_116 likes this.