Peach tree Nova 150 reviews?

I don't have any experience with external DAC's. I've had an Onkyo integrated amp with a built-in Wolfson DAC, and now I have the Peachtree nova150, with its built-in DAC. All I know is that streaming (Spotify) from my iPad Pro, connected to the nova150's rear USB-A port (using Peachtree's proprietary DyNEC creation), the music sounds fantastic! This is through a pair of KEF Q300's.

Hope this was helpful. :)

Tom

I’ve only listened to a couple albums, but I used it to digitize 3 or 4 albums and they all sound great. I’m using a Pioneer PL 71 I bought new in 1975. I just put on an Ortofon 2M Blue. I’m playing through modded HPM 100’s. The phono stage seems accurate but still nice mellow analog sound. Nice punchy bass too.

I’ve only listened to a couple albums, but I used it to digitize 3 or 4 albums and they all sound great. I’m using a Pioneer PL 71 I bought new in 1975. I just put on an Ortofon 2M Blue. I’m playing through modded HPM 100’s. The phono stage seems accurate but still nice mellow analog sound. Nice punchy bass too.

Sounds liek you’re enjoying the nova150! And, modded HPM100’s, that takes me back! I had those for only a few short years, but I sure did like them. Powered them with a Pioneer SX-1080 receiver. Wish I had both, today!

Sounds liek you’re enjoying the nova150! And, modded HPM100’s, that takes me back! I had those for only a few short years, but I sure did like them. Powered them with a Pioneer SX-1080 receiver. Wish I had both, today!
The Nova 150 replaced a Pioneer SX 950. I love the sound, but I got tired of cleaning the switches and wondering when the transistors were gonna blow.

Thinking of getting one for on my desk, this is about as big as I want in an amp, and some streaming amps I looked at are missing things I want (nad m10 with no HP Jack). I have Martin Logan Motion 35 xti speakers I primarily use nearfield with a ML Dynamo 800x sub. I’m a little shy of amps without a dedicated sub out but my sub should be fine as it has easy and room correction. My current amp is a Yamaha wxa50 with a JDs Labs Element II as the DAC, but I find when I’m not nearfield the sound just isn’t there. I’m also considering a Quad Vena II but can’t find much info on it if it has enough power. Thanks for any input.

I'm the second owner of my Nova150, and I love it. I keep looking for excuses to upgrade or change amps, but there's just no reason to. As for the phono stage, it is very good. I found that it was more detailed and a more defined sound stage than using the Rega Phono Mini in the same system. However, there is room for improvement -- I recently switched to using the iFi Zen Phono and find that it offers a slight improvement in detail and wider soundstage than the Peachtree's internal phono stage. All comparisons using the Technics SL1500 MK2 + VM540ML and Martinlogan 35xti.

Back
Top Bottom