Peachtree Audio sonaDAC

BWNautilus

Anyone on this forum have any experience with this DAC? A dealer on A*diogon is selling them new with factory warranty. Since Peachtree never sent this out for reviews I can't find any independent evaluations of the unit. Don't want to buy this without at least one baseline review.

TIA
Mike

At $2k, I wouldn't buy it without reading a few reviews either.

Good luck, looks very impressive.

Eric

Nice deal.

But still enough $$ to warrant a bunch of research for sure.

Post a review should you end up with one. :)

Eric

I own the SonaDac, and let me tell you, it's pretty wonderful. I'm partial to Peachtree Audio having owned the awesome DeepBlue 2 and amazing DAC.Itx, the SonaDac's predecessor. All their products are beautifully designed and give maximum bang for the buck. The SonaDac is especially appealing because it was designed and made in America. For the current price of under $900, there's almost nothing that can touch it for SQ, flexibility and overall build quality. Even at it's original list price of $1300, the SonaDac outperforms most of its competition. I've compared it to the Schiit Lyr 2/Bitfrost Uber 4490, and a few other HA/DAC combos, and none match the overall robustness of the SonaDac (robust defined as the combination of SQ, features and build quality). Peachtree Audio's customer support is also first class. I have no hesitation recommending this jewel. Compare specs, features and build quality and then add in the price, and there's really no reason not to buy the SonaDac.

Thanks for your review on this DAC. Due to time constraints I ultimately chose a Benchmark HGC2 DAC. While I'm not in a position to do an A-B comparison, the Benchmark is meeting my expectations. I'll post a review of the Benchmark after I've had a chance to live with it for a while.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom