Peaky Blinders ~ so glad I found this series!!!

Hajidub

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
With many of my favorites coming to season endings I've beeen on the search for a new, fun series. FOUND IT! On Netflix, Peaky Blinders, so far sort of a Gangs of New York meets Coppers. Very well done, 1st two episodes are definitely character builders, EP3 is when the fun starts!

I've already binged watched to the middle of the 2nd season (only 6 EP's in 1st). Very reminiscent of Boardwalk Empire; excellent show so far!!!

I have only watched one episode but it looks promising. I loved Boardwalk Empire. I hope this is nearly as good.

Thought to revive this thread on the BBC's offering of "Peaky Blinkers" as I've only found this series...and that was by accident!

A lot of it reminds me of "The Gangs Of New York", but the protagonist is a lot more believable (thankfully:rolleyes:) than was found in "TGONY".

Basically, it deals with the rise and fall of an Irish gang, with a fair development of characters with the main man getting the most attention. Some scenes are on the gory sides, but don't last long, and some just left to your imagination, much like some of the "Bond" flicks.

The story moves along at a fair pace, sometimes leaving you hanging at the end of an episode, making you want to find out what happens in the next one. Typical of this genre in keeping the audience engaged. The plot does have its neat twists and turns.

You may want to put on captions and/or turn up the vol, as the accents can get in the way of understanding what they are saying, coupled with the rapid rate of the Irish brogue.

Not sure of the accuracy of the time period (1919), but it would have been hell if you got on the wrong side of this mob family.

Anyways, just my take o' it.

Q

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup: I felt the final season kinda left me...unfinished...unsettled?

Q

It closed out an era. I liked it but agree as to how it ended. We'll see what the next chapter is like but so far each season has been better than the one before it.

If you've not seen The Wind that Shakes The Barley, check it out. Very different subject matter but Cillian Murphy is excellent in it and set close to the same time period.

I never paid all that much attention to him as an actor but he's really developed some chops as he showed in Peaky Blinders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_That_Shakes_the_Barley_(film)

It closed out an era. I liked it but agree as to how it ended. We'll see what the next chapter is like but so far each season has been better than the one before it.

If you've not seen The Wind that Shakes The Barley, check it out. Very different subject matter but Cillian Murphy is excellent in it and set close to the same time period.

I never paid all that much attention to him as an actor but he's really developed some chops as he showed in Peaky Blinders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_That_Shakes_the_Barley_(film)

He kinda reminds me of some past great (looks/attitude?)...but just can't put me finger on it. ? Again, thanks for more input! Where will I ever find time for all this?

Q

Back
Top Bottom