Perfect Album Sides

IMARC4

Sure, you can argue over the greatest album of all time. One or two songs can elminate many a candidate. But such albums can still have perfect sides. By definition, a perfect album is going to have two perfect sides, so don't list those here. Just those where you play one side until it is worn out and the flip never makes it into rotation. No live albums or greatest hits.

Two candidates:
Lonesome Jubilee, Side A (John Cougar)
Live Through This, Side A (Hole)

Last edited:
I'm surprised how little this thread is getting action. It'd be a great way to get to get some hidden gems!

Foreigner - Self Titled side A
Elton John - Yellow Brick Road Side A, Track 1 on side B, and then I jump to side D
Sade - Diamond Life Sade A
U2 - The Unforgettable Fire Side A
The Wings - Band on the Run Side A

There are a couple that I always love one side and depending on mood will listen to the whole album. That being said I think they still apply in a way.
Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest
Alabama Shakes - Sound and Colour Side A
Gowan - Strange Animal Side B
Pink Floyd - Meddle Side B (I love this album, but often listen just for Echoes)
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother Side A

I'm surprised how little this thread is getting action. It'd be a great way to get to get some hidden gems!

Gowan - Strange Animal Side B
Pink Floyd - Meddle Side B (I love this album, but often listen just for Echoes)

Yes, especially the B sides. As I have looked through my collection and found a few more, they all end up being A sides (which makes sense). I'll check out your B sides, I have never listened to these albums.

Great idea for a thread,

Can't really do anything by Rush, since the OP specifically states that Side 2 shouldn't be touched, so 2112 and Hemispheres won't be mentioned here.

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold. They could have issued the album with only Telegraph Road and Private Investigations cut and I wouldn't have complained.

Can't think of any more right now. I'm a full album kind of guy.

IMW side 2 of "Moving Pictures" is better than side 1 but I like side 1 also.

Industrial Disease on side 2 or "Love Over Gold" IMO is the best song on the album but the whole thing is good.

YMMV :)

I know this breaks the thread rules a bit since there ain’t nuthin wrong with the A side of Led Zep 2. But I just listened to the B side (again) start to finish and it really is a perfect album side. I play it way more often than the A side.

2FC46F95-93DD-45EE-A81F-B432C4E3D760.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom