Perhaps This Chapter Of Vinyl Exploration Is Drawing To A Close

I wonder how the S.A.M Aldebaran would compare.... It absolutely destroyed my modified JVC QL7.

Mister Pig said:
But if the rest of the system is in order, I would say that Yamaha smokes it.

Regards
Mister Pig

Rest of system analogwise:

Bryston B100SST Integrated
Samuels F117 Phono pre
Spendor SP3/1P Speakers
AT OC9III Cartridge

and the Kenwood KD500 w/Michell Tecnoarm w/Pete Riggle VTAF and custom Corian armboard.

I have quite a bit of money in the Kenny now. It's in pristine condition, works perfectly, and it sounds pretty good to my old ears. But that Yammie shore is purdy. I just don't see how it could be $2500 better with the same cartridge. But.......I have been looking for another table. And I am in contact with Hifido.

and sorry for the threadjack Mr. Pig. Enjoy your system and the search for vinyl. As someone else said.....now the fun begins. Expensive fun it's true but a lot of fun nonetheless.

@Mister Pig, were you able to confirm Han's observation that the SP-10MKII is noisier than the DP-75?

Huh I never knew Hans said it was noisier. I did believe he told me they sound slightly different, and that clients often owned both. I don't think he told me he preferred one over the other, but he did want to sell me a Denon.

The Denon is in a VPI base without an armboard, so I cannot easily move arms onto it. I could move the Acos arm to an SP 10, but would need to order a second arm board for the SB10B3 base, and I have not done that yet. I have used the same cartridges on both tables, and there are minimal differences in the arm and drive units. Personally i would suspect the arm, tone arm wire, and the sprung versus mass loaded bases have more of an effect than the drive units. But that is just my opinion, and I don't have single variable listening experiences to back that up.

Regards
Mister Pig

Huh I never knew Hans said it was noisier. I did believe he told me they sound slightly different, and that clients often owned both. I don't think he told me he preferred one over the other, but he did want to sell me a Denon.

The Denon is in a VPI base without an armboard, so I cannot easily move arms onto it. I could move the Acos arm to an SP 10, but would need to order a second arm board for the SB10B3 base, and I have not done that yet. I have used the same cartridges on both tables, and there are minimal differences in the arm and drive units. Personally i would suspect the arm, tone arm wire, and the sprung versus mass loaded bases have more of an effect than the drive units. But that is just my opinion, and I don't have single variable listening experiences to back that up.

Regards
Mister Pig

When time permits I'll go find the post in your DP-75 thread. I figured Han's was referring to switches and platter brakes.

Back
Top Bottom