Person willing to HH Scott 222-B restore/refurbish?

chapps

Anyone willing to take on a HH Scott 222-B repair/refurbish? Does not have to be a restore, but a solid check, recap and fix.

Outside names and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

NOSvalves does a good job. Others are oit there you just haveto dig around a bit. When I lived in Old Greenwich I used Norwalk Audio, 20 + years ago. Dig around in the tube sections on AK. I've seen names come up there. There's also an old guy on Ebay up in MA who seems to specialize in Scott's. I have chased a few 299 units from him up to levels Of any justify. He seems to have about 50 years experience. There also was a guy in East Hartford that was on the internet but e maybe retired.

Craig at NOSValves is kind of the man on these.

I've rebuilt a few- they're not that outrageously difficult, but you do need to make sure that you take care in having the right documentation for the right revision you have (they did make some on-going production changes quite often, during the years they built these amps). I've spent some considerable time during working on the ones I've had here, just making notes and verifying what's in the amp, before actually starting the work itself. Getting the right values in there is important, as is maintaining the unit in as original of a configuration as possible (mods are generally not a good idea, IMHO).

Regards,
Gordon.

Craig at NOSValves, did outstanding work on a rebuild of a Scott 222C that I sent to him a few years ago.

Agreed with Craig @ NOS Valves. Mike Urban of Urban Antique Radio & Vintage Hi-Fi in West Hartford is fairly close by. He's worked on my SCA-35 and Scott 299a. One of his guys lives in Stratford and you could coordinate a drop off and pick up with him.

Back
Top Bottom