Peter Green & Fleetwood Mac

moondog

Any Peter Green fans out there? In my opinion he has to be one of the most under-rated blues guitarists & song writers of all time. His stint with the original Fleetwood Mac was just incredible.

This weekend I've been listening to "Then Play On" from 1969. Just an amazing album. For those unfamiliar with the Original Fleetwood Mac... I suggest you check out: "Showbiz Blues 1968-1970". It's a 2 CD best of set that will give your stereo one helluva work out.

3 songs of his that are absolutely priceless IMHO are The Original Version of Black Magic Woman, Oh Well & Albatross. (Wanna be guitar players take note... This is how it should be done... With Raw Emotion & Soul.)

mOOn

Ah,Peter Green, misunderstood and misrepresented.I have their *Live @ BBC* and also a cd with the Splinter Group.

Fleetwood Mac now and in the '70's were just a imitation.

Alan

I'm with you. How did it go? "Clapton is god!" "But Green is better than God!"

That is a long time ago. In addition to the Fleetwood Mac stuff, there is "A Hard Road", with John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers. Ansley Dunbar and John McVie would be the rhythm section on that one.

I have some of Peter Green's solo stuff, with The Splinter Group. It's okay, but I rarely listen to it.

Something REAL good that I have though, is a double cd called "Rattlesnake Guitar" and it's the tribute to Peter Green, with all kinds of axe-men doing his songs. If anybody wants I can dig out the catalog number on it. It's worth owning.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Last edited:
Yep, Peter Green is one of my larger collections. More like if I don't
already have it it's cause I haven't seen it. Nothing bad, all good!

mOOn, You left out The Supernatural!!!!!:eek:

Carl
FWIW, My Dad's all time favorite song was Closing My Eyes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom