Petition to change the Audiokarma Logo

Would you buy Audiokarma Swagger? (hats, T-shirts, mugs etc...)

• Yes

Votes: 80 58.0%
  • No

Votes: 58 42.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Skipper is correct, the AudioKarma page has a masthead, not a logo.

A logo could be created that is based on the design of the masthead, but there is no logo now.

Since logos are usually MUCH more similar in vertical and horizontal dimension, they fit on things like mugs & T-shirts much better. If the AudioKarma masthead were reduced small enough to fit on one side of a coffee mug, it would be rather tiny and not easy to read from across the kitchen table..

I think the question of whether people would buy swag is dependent on whether there is an actual logo or not and what it is, since in order to consider that question people need to imagine what the logo would look like on those things. Hard to do when there is no logo.

I don't have the objections to the masthead design that the original poster has. It didn't strike me as "Gothic." I thought it was intended to evoke something of the mystery associated with the Karma concept. I think, but am not sure, that the masthead was larger in one of the previous two webpage design versions. The color scheme, I know has changed slightly. My usual reactions to those tweaks is something like: "Why the heck did they do that. It doesn't serve any purpose or improve anything." But I guess, whenever technical improvements are are made to how the website works, people can't help monkeying with the appearance, too. Maybe I'd want to do that too if I were involved in that stuff.

Who knew this thread would get so much traction. I loved reading it, especially the history and old graphics. Thanks a lot to all the long time AK'ers for sharing those. My exact comment was covered in post #15. I've been around a little over a year and just keep learning. Who the hell ever heard of "Godwin's Law"? Me now, thanks to dcmfan...AWESOME!

"illinoisteve, post: 11876690, member: 57757"]The Skipper is correct, the AudioKarma page has a masthead, not a logo."
Therefore this entire poll is invalid!!

Why do some people try to change stuff they don't own? Geez!
---------
'Logos'.... logos?? we don't need no stink'n logos. :thumbsdown:

In my opinion it is not visually pleasing. Could use a change but it doesn't make a big difference to me either way.

Okay, folks. Let's cut the young man some slack. He raised a point that he feels is valid. Just because it may not be the majority opinion, does not mean it is without value, or cause for deriding him. Yes, I know, it's a forum, and people need to have a thick skin, at times, to hang out on one, even this one. That doesn't mean we should expect a relative newcomer to acquire one right away.

Young Mr. Parkin, what you may not realize is that, even though the masthead, on screen, is digital, there are hard-copy documents, like stationery and business cards, that would need to be replaced, if the on-screen graphics were changed. So, it's not free, nor does it conserve resources.

We'll probably keep it as it is, for the foreseeable future.

Phrase suggestions for shirts with the masthead imbedded
somewhere on it . Must be hundreds of good ones . Submit a design for a logo too . Everyone would vote . I’m in .
Good intentions , Nick.

Last edited:
Phrase suggestions for shirts with the masthead imbedded somewhere .
somewhere on it . Must be hundreds of good ones . Submit a design for a logo too . Everyone would vote . I’m in .
Good intentions , Nic.
Heck Yeah.

I may need a training video if we're going to bust a swag.

Is the poll question just about buying AK gear?
Or the changing of the present symbol used to encourage sales?

Is the poll question just about buying AK gear?
Or the changing of the present symbol used to encourage sales?
He meant if the 'logo' was redesigned, would we buy stuff. It would be redesigned to please him, and therefore it would have universal appeal, and everyone would want the merchandise.

So if you have bought merchandise already and like the current one?
Like I have in the past.

A no or yes to poll?

Confused!

I say give it some of the old fashion leave it to FK alone!

Voted NO!

Barney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom