PF-800

Very nice tt. I was so impressed with mine that I also acquired the PF-1000. Now have the 800 as a backup to the 1000.
I've seen generic dust covers being offered on the auction site that claim are an exact copy of the original but I'm not sure if they include the badge on the top centre. They were/are pricey though.
Also have seen some part units show up from time to time. It may depend on your level of patience though.

I read some archived posts here concerning finding a dust cover for a pf-800 and saw a reference to a turntabledepot.com. So I visited their website and called the phone number given only to get a message saying that number had been disconnected with no forwarding info. Hoping to find one somewhere.......other than the soft vinyl one that keeps popping up in my searches. I wonder though, what kind of hinge attachment does the proper dust cover have on it, sort of the ying to the yang on the tt itself.

We have a guy who custom makes them for not much here in Oz. I am sure there must be a place you can get a nice custom one that will protect it until you can source an original?

We have a guy who custom makes them for not much here in Oz. I am sure there must be a place you can get a nice custom one that will protect it until you can source an original?
Doesn't appear to be anyone around my locale doing that. At least I cannot find anyone.

Doesn't appear to be anyone around my locale doing that. At least I cannot find anyone.

Call up a local plastics supplier. I gar-run-tee they'll be able to recommend you someone who can make a display cover for you. 1/4" acrylic is about $140 a 4x8 right now, you'd need less than a 1/4 sheet so materials are cheap. Shouldn't take an experienced guy more than an hour. 1/8" will cost more likely, it's harder to work with. If you can find someone to get you the exact dimensions of the original cover you'll be even better off.

If you get stuck i'll find his contact info - he deals in high end hifi also - i am sure international shipping would be possible (but expensive)

I just got my Marantz back, all recapped and resoldered. So I hooked the Yammie TT up and man does it ever sound sweet, just dusty as crap....lol. The other part of the dustcover equation would be getting access to the proper hinges to match the portion still on the TT itself.....guess I'll grab one of those soft vinyl covers I see for sale that will fit over the Yammie......better than nothing for sure. One oem cover was for sale on ebay but the seller would never respond to emails, so I didn't bite on it.

i wonder if any of the other PF models fit? some of the lower model may have shared the cover, or near enough to it?

Back
Top Bottom