Phase Technology Teatro 10

They are safe and sound in my man cave. And it took a big man to get them there. Holy shift they are heavy and 41" tall. Way heavier than any other speaker I have. 3 different employees asked me if i needed help. And the cherry on top is I got them for $40 after I asked the manager if he could do better because of the missing a plastic top.

Now to test them. Begin a rookie how do I hook them up? Can I just run my left/right speaker cables to the terminals? These have built in in 75w amps. Won't my receiver be putting more power (another 50w) into them? Is that safe?
IMG_20190111_205020.jpg

They are safe and sound in my man cave. And it took a big man to get them there. Holy shift they are heavy and 41" tall. Way heavier than any other speaker I have. 3 different employees asked me if i needed help. And the cherry on top is I got them for $40 after I asked the manager if he could do better because of the missing a plastic top.

Now to test them. Begin a rookie how do I hook them up? Can I just run my left/right speaker cables to the terminals? These have built in in 75w amps. Won't my receiver be putting more power (another 50w) into them? Is that safe?
View attachment 1383430

They have several ways to wire them. If you wish to use your power amp and not use the plate amp on the speakers just leave them turned off and use them like regular speakers using the 5 way speaker terminals like drum stated. If you wish to use the internal amps you would just use the pre out on your system and run a rca out of the pre amp into the RCA jack, that is the small red plug marked line in. You would then turn the switch on the back of the speaker to on and you need to have the power cord on the speaker plugged in to a AC outlet. Most receivers have a speaker switch, turn your speakers off on the receiver. It is usually not good to operate an amp without a load, that is why you have to select the speaker switch to off on your receiver.

They have several ways to wire them. If you wish to use your power amp and not use the plate amp on the speakers just leave them turned off and use them like regular speakers using the 5 way speaker terminals like drum stated. If you wish to use the internal amps you would just use the pre out on your system and run a rca out of the pre amp into the RCA jack, that is the small red plug marked line in. You would then turn the switch on the back of the speaker to on and you need to have the power cord on the speaker plugged in to a AC outlet. Most receivers have a speaker switch, turn your speakers off on the receiver. It is usually not good to operate an amp without a load, that is why you have to select the speaker switch to off on your receiver.

Wait a minute, isn't the plate amp just to power the built in subwoofer? If so, he needs to hook up his amp to the speaker level inputs or all he'll hear is bass.

So, my next question is how do I place these? I can't find instructions or anything other than an ad. I'm guessing since they are matched right/left with the subs firing out the sides and ports in the back they should NOT be placed directly in a corner. Maybe a few feet away from the back wall and side walls?

I really don't want to experiment with placement to much because they weigh a ton and moving them is not the easiest thing.
Like this, what do you think? I'm guessing this is my only option really.
placement1.JPG

Last edited:
That looks about right. I'd say start with them at least 1 or 2 feet from the side wall and a foot from the rear wall. You can fine tune the toe in pretty easily from there. Give them a listen, and your back a break, and see if they need any more adjustments after a day or two.

Most of those "powered tower" speakers with the side firing woofers are flexible on location. I had a pair of Boston Acoustics VR975's maybe 20 years ago that were amplified for the LFE section and tied to the sub out of the surround receiver. The manual basically said you could use them either direction and it was "room dependent" as to which way they would sound the best. It's going to depend on if they would be firing into walls, if the woofers were firing sideways, or maybe if the adjourning rooms are open concept (no walls) and they might sound better with both woofers firing inward and working with the phase control on the amps if they have it, etc. Like it or not, it's going to take some moving them around some to get them set to where the low end sounds good....or like crap. Better to spend a little while doing it once than living with crap. :D

I finally got around to really checking them out. I pulled her pants down so anyone who wants to see what's under there can check it out. All I can say is WTF! . I carefully slid the skirt down and took some picks for reference. Purely for research. The cabs are unfinished blocks of concrete. But underneath was some soft dome titweeters and big, bouncy, woofers. And and and look at that crack going up the backside. These are Audio karma xxx-clusive pics.
IMG_20190129_225456.jpg
IMG_20190129_225156.jpg
IMG_20190129_225607.jpg
IMG_20190129_230235.jpg
IMG_20190129_225907.jpg
IMG_20190129_230553.jpg
IMG_20190129_231750.jpg
IMG_20190129_232014.jpg
They are coming to get me.
Please help.
All of these speakers cannot be stopped.
IMG_20190129_224956.jpg
They don't like to be photographed so I hope these pics show up someplace where they will help someone.

Strange to find foam on the sub woofer. My 11.5's are butyl.
I'm not sure its foam. My camera is low res and grainy and the flash makes them a lot lighter then they are. You can see the same effect on the mids. They look to have a powder-like film on them like rubber gets when its not touched for a long time. If it is foam it's got some kind of coating. They are still very flexible whatever it is.

Does anyone know if that groove that runs from the back bass port all the way to the top serves a real audio purpose? Almost seems like it does. Reminds me of a tuning fork. Don't think it's for "looks" as the cabs are not really finished or meant to be displayed without the skirt. (just MDF sprayed flat black, no laminate) The skirts hide everything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom