Philips Gear

I have a parts AH-7841, if anyone needs knobs, etc. I bought one when I was 16 or 17, it passed from me to my younger brother to our fathers garage/shop, finally died & I have never been able to find a schematic. I recently bought a second one off e-bay that turned up dead due to shipping damage. If anyone has a manual or schematic they want to share...

GOT IT! Just scored the AH797 receiver. It is the largest of the series though only 60 watts. Hope it is in the same condition as the 796 I awhile ago. This gives me 1 example from the 1st series and 2 from the 2nd series. Am hoping the big difference between it and the 796 is in the tuner as opposed to the amp since it is only 15 more watts.

It may just be in the flexibility of the preamp section's controls?
I hope it arrives in pristine condition.

way to go brian,
now why cant i get the philips gear at the prices you pay :) im glad you got it for under the $50 that it was even listed for in the previous auction.it could have cost you more though if the other bidder in the last minute had a little more of a high bid.im currently watching the 7851 to see what it goes for but will not be bidding as ive got to much deals in progress including the grandaddy of the fairchild amps a 275 and hopefully soon a mcintosh mx110.couple this with getting my mc30 up and running,there really is not much left in the wallet for anymore philips gear .in the meantime ill have to settle with what ive got for now......
chris

Not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling for the seller. Sent email describing the preferred packing (double boxing) and his reply was that I should have contacted him before if I wanted to discuss packaging. Never had that type of response and usually only comment is that it may cost more to do but sine there was no flat packing fee, it was net an issue, then or now.

I know the feeling. I started going through stuff last night. Need to get rid of the following:
Fisher 500-C
JVC JR-S301
Sony STR6045
Sherwood 7650
Radio Shack STA2250

and possibly
H-K 630
Sony STR6065
Dyna SCA35 and FM-3

Will leave me with the Mc system, Philips system 3 Philips reveivers and the Sherwood system.

Ziradog

I may be interested in a couple of those Knobs. Are they black or silver ?

Grumpy

grumpy,they would be black as the 1 in 7841 designates it as the black version of the 784 which is silver.

Ziradog
if grumpy doesnt need the bass,treble, or balance knobs id be interested in just one of those if he needs them all well he beat me to them.send me a pm if he doesnt i shure could use one.

Can you guys e-mail me me off line? I do have the knobs, but I sure could use a schematic.

Very helpful info, friends.
I am building a bedroom system using the Philips 'Black Tulip' audiophile pieces.
I already have the AH080,180 and 380.
I can't find the 280 preamp. Any ideas?
Thanks!

You know, bringing back a thread from 17 years ago is one of the issues AK has with storage and bandwidth!
Reading thru the thread provides plenty of info.
Starting a WTB in Bartertown once you're a subscriber is a much better way to learn.

You know, bringing back a thread from 17 years ago is one of the issues AK has with storage and bandwidth!
Reading thru the thread provides plenty of info.
Starting a WTB in Bartertown once you're a subscriber is a much better way to learn.
Little bit harsh are we on a new member?

CT Jim and Radioactive.
Thanks for the welcome and hello to y'all as well!
I freely admit to my novice, but I did read all the links in Bartertown- the public AND Subscriber areas. Perhaps I need to re-learn using a mouse, but the links I clicked on all yielded ERROR messages.
Maybe CT Jim, as a venerable experienced member, could guide me to the active links for public and private forums. I am certainly teachable and not defensive about critical comments.
BTW, can I assume that if my account request was accepted then AK is welcoming new members?
Thanks, I look forward to your guidance!

CT Jim and Radioactive.
Thanks for the welcome and hello to y'all as well!
I freely admit to my novice, but I did read all the links in Bartertown- the public AND Subscriber areas. Perhaps I need to re-learn using a mouse, but the links I clicked on all yielded ERROR messages.
Maybe CT Jim, as a venerable experienced member, could guide me to the active links for public and private forums. I am certainly teachable and not defensive about critical comments.
BTW, can I assume that if my account request was accepted then AK is welcoming new members?
Thanks, I look forward to your guidance!
You are a ak member as your allowed to post.this thread is over 18 years old .Barter town and the other private forums require you to become as subscriber which costs $25/yr and thats why the links your trying to see are not opening up for you.Once you become a subscriber you have acces to bartetown and the other private forums along with other additional features that come along with becoming a subscriber such as being able to delete a post you started and much more.Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom