1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Philips K. Dick's electric Dreams on Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by Eric H, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Eric H

Eric H AK Subscriber Subscriber

Caught the first episode of this new 10 Episode Anthology and thought it was terrific. Hoping the rest is as good.
    There are some pretty interesting names involved, Bryan Cranston, Steve Buscemi, Greg Kinnear and Anna Paquin.

It's free with a Prime subscription.

mr.jones likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. danj

danj modern primitive

I hope they didn't ruin it as happened when a series was made of Philip Jose Farmer's "Riverworld."

3. hjames

hjames beware of folks offering Cakes Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Its about a year old trailer from 2017 - pretty good stuff, and similar to Black Mirror ...

And for Riverworld - I remember a 2003 version on Scifry channel - or maybe a 90 min made for TV movie - never saw anything further -
    The original is available via Amazon
    There is a 2010 version available via Netflix on DVD with
    Tahmoh Penikett, alan cummings and others, ... detail says 1 season, but its only 1 disc with bad reviews ... and no Richard Burton!
    Damned shame, such potential!

4. danj

danj modern primitive

I have it on blu-ray and taken on its own it's passable but it's not the production that the classic "Riverworld" novels deserve. Yep, no Richard Francis Burton as in the novels. I still have hope that there wil someday be a film series that does justice to Mr. Farmer's masterpiece.

hjames likes this.
  5. ConradH

ConradH Addicted Member

Watched a few. Liked about 50%, but you have to remember PKD was a bit dark and paranoid.

6. CT_Ohio

CT_Ohio Active Member

That's exactly why I'd watch in the first place. Not all endings are happy in PKD's universe.

So I picked a couple eps at random last night. And... eh. Hmm. Maybe need to watch one or two more. I did pick the one which ends with Steve Buscemi laying on the ground clutching an old vinyl record and had this flashback to his Seymour in Ghost World. That felt strange.

Edit: I found the Auto-Fac episode to be much more interesting, and more typical of a PKD plot.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.