philips speaker fix for the day

krimney

It seem slike every where I look I find some kind of speaker with philips parts in them. today a set of Sound Craft, made in Canada. the 10" woofer is a CTS, the mid is a rubber surround philips 6" (4.5"cone) and philips dome tweeter. 3/4" cabs in excellent condition, grills excellent too. The CTS need surrounds.

also found a pair of white Minimus 77 today at Cash converters.....in with the computer speakers :thmbsp:

25.00 for the sound craft and 20 for the minimus....I think I did well on these two.

The mid and tweeter look to be the same as the B&O 4702? I think that may be a very deep sealed mid. And I may have a couple of them laying around here if you need them.

I like those Philips polycarbonate dome tweeters!

I haven't heard the MR's, but I'll bet they're nice, too.

Edit: Your cat looks like our b&w cat (Zappa)'s good twin... I can guarantee you Zappa is the evil twin.

Last edited:
Sealed mid

The mid appears to be sealed in a cardboard tube. I think the later philips(like in the B&O) have a plastic tube attached to the driver. I may have a set of surrounds around so eventually I'll refoam them and give them a good listen.

Back
Top Bottom