1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Phillips 3232 Oscilloscope - need 24v power-supply w/6 pin plug

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Lo-Fidelity, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Lo-Fidelity

Lo-Fidelity Active Member

I picked up a Phillips oscilloscope but it didn't have the power supply. Did some Internet searching but no luck. Any thoughts on sourcing a supply or making my own?

image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. Mrv8q

Mrv8q AK Subscriber Subscriber

Look for 6 pin DIN connectors.

3. Lo-Fidelity

Thank you. Will do.

4. H/K crazy

H/K crazy Active Member

Pretty sure it's a DIN connector too. Try finding a surplus pwr supply of the required voltage and current rating. If you find the service manual, the supply schematic may be there, Check for schematics of other PM32XX scopes on line that have integrated pwr supplies to see if they have the same power supply voltage outputs and if you find one, use it's design to build your own.Philips scopes from that period had pretty straight forward power supplies. This will make a good bench scope for audio repairs.

5. Lo-Fidelity

Ok...I'll fess up. I found the 120v plug and cord hidden in a compartment on the bottom of the scope. When I looked at the unit in better light I saw a voltage selection dial on the back which says AC power. Flipped the unit over and there was a cord compartment.:confused:

Good news is that the unit works! Hooked up a signal generator and presto, sin wave on the screen!

6. H/K crazy

H/K crazy Active Member

Ah....always a good idea to look a unit over well. I have a Philips PM3214 and find it great for audio. If it was not used for awhile it may be a good idea to plug it in and leave it on for a day or so.