Phono Cable for McIntosh MT5 Turntable

What phono cabling (RCA-to-RCA) are you using with your MT5 turntable?

I have tried to use Kimber˘s Silver Streak with my MT 10 but encountered extreme hum noise... Then I tried 5 USD noname cable and there was no hum noise.
I am very happy with my Kimber Select XLR"s and Bifocal XL"s elsewhere but somehow it did not work with my MT 10...

Hope this helps...

I had terrible hum problems when hooking up my MT-5, especially when I touched the tonearm. I purchased these cables from Amazon (I have the 3 ft, 6ft, and 10 ft lengths --- all work equally well in getting rid of hum). They are very well constructed and give me wonderful sound on both moving magnet (Shure V15 Type III) and moving coil (McIntosh MT-10 cartridge -- a re-labelled ClearAudio Talismann II) cartridges. I feed my MT-5 into a McIntosh MP-1100 phono preamp and then onto an MX-121.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016QVZEZM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In addition, I fastened a short length of 14 gauge wire from one of the screws on the tonearm base to the ground connection on the back of the turntable. Then, I grounded the turntable to the MP-1100 ground connection. I found that this helped quiet everything down when I touched the tonearm....

Back
Top Bottom