Phono stage Marantz SR 5011

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by Bluzefan, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Bluzefan

Bluzefan New Member

Good morning everyone, currently enjoying my 2230, but am curious about how to set up a phono stage on my SR 5011...
    I don't really understand amps, pre-amps etc but I do enjoy the sweet sounds that they produce...
    So, what do I need to buy to create a phono stage on my SR5011?
    Thanks.....

2. Minty95

Minty95 New Member

3. Bluzefan

Bluzefan New Member

Thank you for taking the time to try to help....I really expected a few more responses from generally an outstanding group of knowledgeable people on Audkokarma....are you running the phono thru the same speakers you run your surround thru?

4. Minty95

Minty95 New Member

Hi

No problem for the reply

I only plugged it in this morning as my SR5011 is two days old

I plugged it in thru the analog connections 'Game' and renamed 'Game' to 'Vynil'

I only run records in 2.1 stereo with sub and only did a very quick test this morning, all seemed well though. You could chose 5.1 / 7.1 instead of stereo you wanted to (burk)

The only thing I haven't really checked is if there is earth hum as often with record players this is the case,

I used the same preamp with my now dead Rotel, this also didn't have a record input either (Update as back home) finished the setup, just earth the record player to the preamp, which will have a 'Grn' screw and all will be well

Hope this helps

And good listening to some LP, tehare are many now avaiable and the sound is far better than any CD

Keep looking around you should find some second hand for around $50, 50 euros depending where you are

Last edited: May 17, 2017