Photo hosting/cloud storage options?

Discussion in 'Cameras and Photography' started by mhedges, Jan 24, 2018.

1. mhedges

mhedges Super Member

What does everyone use for photo hosting or cloud storage? I have been using iCloud, and I'm perfectly happy with the ease of use but I can't deal with the lack of folders much longer. I've just got too many images to have them all in one directory.

2. Wildcat

Wildcat Spring ain't here... Subscriber

Since I'm an Office365 subscriber, I have 1TB of storage on OneDrive. My phone automatically backs up to it when I connect to WiFi. It also may have some photo display options but I have not yet tried that feature. It definitely has folders though, and I can create unlimited subfolders as needed.

3. No Money

No Money AK Subscriber Subscriber

DropBox lets you use folders. Not the cheapest, but good. Google Drive is handy as well. There are others of course. For short term (and sharing) wetransfer.com is also an option. Be aware, some only let you save .jpeg. If you want to go .tiff people like DropBox and Google are good.

I also use actual hard drives, all files on two drives at two different locations. External drives are cheap these days

Wildcat likes this.
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat Spring ain't here... Subscriber

:thumbsup:

If I set up my Synology NAS to do so, I can actually sync folders on the NAS to my OneDrive (or any other cloud service) automatically. That is more of a backup situation than anything else, though (not for display, in other words.) I had considered Amazon Glacier but don't want to get involved that deeply at the moment.