Picked this up Friday and finally cleaned it and fired up Sansui AU-317

horacepinker

The seller said it worked fine and he "cleaned it" and decided to sell Well, I check Craigslist daily looking for new deals within my budget. I always wanted to try out a Sansui AU series amp, and this beautiful AU-317 was listed for $100.

Took home, open it up and it was pretty dirty. Cleaned up without pulling any boards out--just some internal shields. So far it sounds great on my B&W D14s (another $100 deal on Craigslist). This amp is now hooked to my iMac and will work as my production amp with my D14's. I'm tempted to try out the phono input just to try the Phono Subsonic input. Read a little on it and should have a warped record somewhere. I'll probably keep for a few months and look to trade for another amp--that's 50% of my hobby--trying as much different gear as possible. I'm never stuck to the pieces I buy, even on main system.

So far no cap issues, that I know of? I'm not expert.

IMG_8731-2.JPG IMG_8733.JPG IMG_8734.JPG IMG_8748.JPG IMG_8744.JPG

I absolutely love my Sansui AU/TU-217/SE-80 rack system,so I hear what you're saying about these little Sansui amps.

I currently have mine playing thru either JBL LX-22 or some JBL LXE-330 right now and I've been really digging the late night FM listening sessions.

Nice feature the 317 has that the 217 does'nt have is the 317 has the pre-out/amp-in feature,so it can be used as a stand-alone preamp -or- power amp if need be.

And yeah,my plan for my Sansui rack system is to add a nice Sansui DD turntable when I find the right one.

Though these lower tier Sansui tuners are really nice as well,so I could live with this system with just that to listen to.

Dont be too surprised if you find this AU-317 to be a keeper,I know my AU-217 did.

Bret P.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom