Picked through a few at a friend's and got these.

Blue Shadow

Waiting for Vintage Gear from this century
Recordsa.jpg

Recordsb.jpg

And Joe Walsh But Seriously, Folks...

John picked up a box of records from a friend and since they are a few years newer than what he would be listening to if he ever listened he offered some up. I went through the box and pulled out these 14 and had my eye on another dozen but he said that was enough for now. OK, I'm good with that. The ones I left would have started to fill in some of my Asia, Kansas, Foreigner, Heart, Rush collection of which there isn't much, but I was thrilled to get a great copy of WYWH just because of the way I was introduced to that album and the fact that Gordon, who brought the album over that first time, is no longer with us. It will be nice to play the vinyl instead of the polycarbonate on a nearly identical turntable to my initial hearing of that album.

Finally, John is helping me with my stereo after all these decades of me helping him. More in other threads around AK, only one so far, his Technics SL-1200/Mayware Formula IV is here for a tuneup...and I used to own that table, posted in turntables.

Listening to these is giving me a chance to rearrange my albums to be the same as my CD collections.

Played the Special EFX last night. Grabbed it because it is a GRP record and it does sound nice. Looking forward to the ELOs as I didn't have them represented in my collection.

Some great albums here. Love that Yes album, and my copy of that Ronstadt record has very, very good sound quality.

Back
Top Bottom