picked up 2 Yamaha KX-R700U cassette decks cant find info

baw333

Hi,

I picked up 2 yamaha KX-R700u cassette decks and i cant find any info about them. they seem really nice, work perfect and sound great. Just want to hear some feedback about them and would love to find a manual for them. Any info would really be appreciated.

Hi,

I picked up 2 yamaha KX-R700u cassette decks and i cant find any info about them. they seem really nice, work perfect and sound great. Just want to hear some feedback about them and would love to find a manual for them. Any info would really be appreciated.

Don't have that model. I have the KX-800U and have been very happy with it. Can you take some pix of them? I have both manuals for the 800U that may be of some help to you. If you would like, I will scan the owners manual and email to you tomorrow. The service manual I have as a PDF. Just let me know

Don't have that model. I have the KX-800U and have been very happy with it. Can you take some pix of them? I have both manuals for the 800U that may be of some help to you. If you would like, I will scan the owners manual and email to you tomorrow. The service manual I have as a PDF. Just let me know

very kind of you, im at work right now, i will post pictures of it when i get home. Thanks!

here is a picture

attachment.php

Attachments

• yamaha.jpg
    yamaha.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 855
I have one of these decks. It's a great looking and sounding deck. You also just can't beat having dbx noise reduction - love it.

Jimmy

I have one of these decks. It's a great looking and sounding deck. You also just can't beat having dbx noise reduction - love it.

Jimmy

I agree somewhat on the Dbx. The sound quality on the recordings are great, but, back when these were new, unless you had Dbx in your car or had a friend with Dbx unit as well, the tapes can't be played anywhere else. I would always do 2 recordings, 1 dbx and 1 dolby c, so I went through a lot of cassettes. Just My Opinion!

Hey baw333, I will upload the SM for the 800U right now and post the link in a few. I am still working on the scan of the owners manual. Looks like all the same features between the 2 decks though.

*EDIT* Here is the link for the upload I did of the service manual of the KX800U. It is through Acrobat and has been scanned for viruses right after it uploads. You don't have to sign up for anything, just click the link and then you can start the download if you want it. I will get the OM to you ASAP.
https://acrobat.com/#d=aZZ*BCK4UleL4pGyaC9o3g Service Manual

https://acrobat.com/#d=iKi9WJiY7VAJLb5gF*IwNg Owners Manual

Last edited:
I agree somewhat on the Dbx. The sound quality on the recordings are great, but, back when these were new, unless you had Dbx in your car or had a friend with Dbx unit as well, the tapes can't be played anywhere else. I would always do 2 recordings, 1 dbx and 1 dolby c, so I went through a lot of cassettes. Just My Opinion!
[/url]

Yeah, that's the biggest complaint and most universal one. Still, no one uses cassettes in their car nowadays since CD is standard - and you could just burn a CD copy of the CD that you'd be recording onto tape in the first place for the car. Today, if you have and still use cassettes it's more for nostalgic reasons since recording onto CD will yeild better copies. With that said, I use a dbx 224x II noise reduction unit for my 2 pioneer cassette decks and open reel deck - since I will only be playing back those tapes here at home, and on the same machines. The sound playback is better than with the Dolby B n.r. built into the decks, or no n.r. at all.

Jimmy

Hi,

This post was made a long time ago. Are you still looking for the KX-R700U manual?

Back
Top Bottom