Picked up a new Multimeter- Fluke 189

qboneus

And damn I can't believe I suffered through with my old fluke 85 and the old simpson analog for so damn long.
They really have improved MM's in the past few years, this thing logs over a thousand readings has fast min/max average with a real time clock for logging, true rms and dc accuracy of 0.025% just to name a few features.
I haven't really had the chance to fully explore this meter yet but so far I am certainly impressed even though I have only measured a little offset and some line voltages yet I can say I think this meter is tops!!

Tal

I have a Fluke 79 Series II that a friend gave to me that I dearly love. It's leaps and bounds better than the old Micronta FET analog meter I was using.

Hi Tal;

Fluke makes the best all around DVMs that I've seen. We use them at work, an oil refinery, and the abuse they take is simply amazing. Haven't personnalty had anything newer then the model 87 but we do a couple of bench model types with a zillion digits.

How's Montana. My wife is from there, we met while I was in the Air Force at Great Falls. One Winter there was a real eye opener for this born and raised Californian :p:

Lefty

Lefty,
Montana is great right now about 67 degrees right now.
Yeah sometimes during winter I think about moving to a climate that is more user friendly but once winter's gone I can't think of a place I would rather live it's spacious, peaceful, beautiful, and unlike any other place I've had the pleasure of inhabiting.

The other big drawback is that to find real nice vintage gear one must search for gear brought to montana by people moving from some other locale as most farmers are/were far to cheap to drop near a thousand dollars on audio equipment today let alone in the 70's.

Most of my 'finds' have had a moving tag of some sort attached to the back:D

Take care,
Tal

There are still some diamonds in the rough though here in MT. He who looks long enough shall surely find something.

Can't wait...first day of yard sales/rummage sales tomorrow. I remain optimistic. :)

Back
Top Bottom