Picked up some really nice Linn speakers at a yard sale...

SleeperSupra

I went to a yard sale yesterday and bought a nice pair of two way Linn LS150 Helix's for $10. The LS150's come with an eight inch woofer and one inch tweeter and can be bi-wired, they sound almost as good as my Thiel CS2's and are voiced very close to the Thiel's. I am going to put the LS150's in the back to use as surround sound speakers.

Any experience with these speakers?

Those are NICE loudspeakers, a notch below the similar Nexus. I remember listening to them years ago at Classic Stereo in Kalamazoo MI...coulnd't afford them, unfortunately...had to settle for Polk Monitor 4's.

$10? You dawg! :D My aunt has the Nexus speakers, with the matching Kustone stands. Excellent series, great score!

TP

Never heard those but if they are anything like my Index you may like them very much. Congrats a sweet deal !

Linn speakers at a yard sale for only $10! :sigh:

Excellent score! :yes:

Scott

Thanks everyone! :thmbsp:

I really am very impressed with the sound from these things, and I can see that the build quality of the speakers is first rate too. The LS150’s seem to use top quality parts in their crossovers, heavy gauge internal wiring, and the cabinets have some serious internal bracing.

Any idea how much they retailed for and what years they were in production?

Celt said:
Dang...what luck! :yes:

Yeah, for 10 bucks I'd end up with a pair of blown Sparkomatic coaxials.....No, that isn't luck....

THAT IS HIS KUNG FU! AND IT IS STRONG!

I just got a 2nd pair of Linn Helix speakers the other day but this pair is not the LS150's but just the regular Helix version. I had no clue there were different Linn Helix speakers. This pair has about about an inch less width to the cabinet and a slightly different tweeter.

I got them with the stone stands too... :)

The 1989 Oct issue of "Audio" has a sugg retail price of $800/pr listed, with a freq response of 55-18, spl of 88, crossover at 3k. Enjoy your add'l pair!

I found a pair of Kahns for $10.00 at a garage sale. One didn't work, but it was only an open solder connection in the crossover. Then the guy threw in am Adcom speaker switching box!

Linn for $10!!1 Talk about a steal. Thats less than 1/100 of what those sold for originally I'd wager.

Yeah, for 10 bucks I'd end up with a pair of blown Sparkomatic coaxials.....No, that isn't luck....

THAT IS HIS KUNG FU! AND IT IS STRONG!

Spark o matic, ha i used to play with those when i was yunger.. oarnge surrounds if i remeber right:scratch2:

Self promotion is not cool. IMHO This is not the place for it!
Jim

Back
Top Bottom