Picking up broken glass . How do you get it all ?

You probably got it picked up by now. But I have used a bright flashlight, parallel to the floor, (darkened room) the glass shards will shine like diamonds.

I was going to say, usually bare feet are the best way. But I think a lot of people beat me to it.

You should go back to vinyl but you should rethink your plan to play records with a shard of broken glass as a stylus. :smoke:

Yes walk around barefoot......that's how I found the last sliver of glass I'd missed on the floor from my broken Mcintosh faceplate. Just like you I thought I had them all but going barefoot confirmed I did not lol. I'd also use the busted shower door as an excuse to go with a curtain.

I was going to say, usually bare feet are the best way. But I think a lot of people beat me to it.
Yeah it's almost foolproof. Bare feet are like magnets for those hard to find shards of glass. :thumbsup:

Also I'm with Gadget on this. How'd you happen to have mallet , screwdriver handy in the shower?
You know what? On second thought I probably don't want to know:yikes:

Shop vac. A Swiffer will not get everything, and a lot will end up getting pushed into corners and crevices.

bs

Yeah it's almost foolproof. Bare feet are like magnets for those hard to find shards of glass. :thumbsup:

Also I'm with Gadget on this. How'd you happen to have mallet , screwdriver handy in the shower?
You know what? On second thought I probably don't want to know:yikes:
Several naked , soapy trips to the garage . Aren't you glad you asked ?

"Several naked , soapy trips to the garage . Aren't you glad you asked ?"

^^^^^^^^^^^

:naughty: Pics or it didn't happen! :naughty:

Plus one for bare feet. I broke a glass weeks ago. Vacuumed, lint roller and vacuumed again. Found a bit yesterday evening.

And I would say a mix of vinyl and cd.

After you vacuum use tape. That's how we did it at the car factory. Tape is also a great way to detail your car

A heavy duty shop vac with a nozzle that can be drawn against the floor works well, especially on hard surface floors. Carpet can hook small shards and it is a pain to get them out. The last glass I broke was the window on my truck topper. The tempered glass exploded and threw glass 50'. I still run across a piece here and there.

I found a toothpick in the carpet once using the barefoot method. Don't discount its wide spread applications.

I found a toothpick in the carpet once using the barefoot method. Don't discount its wide spread applications.

I did that after cooking a beautiful ham for Thanksgiving a couple years back. It was also a high end Japanese toothpick that went right into my heel. I grabbed a forceps and and removed it, then had another scotch.

Back
Top Bottom