Pics of my racks.

All that Pioneer stuff is cool indeed......but its the 4 pairs of Altec 19's that have my attention.

Thats just bitchin' cool!

Russ

judging by your eq. settings, your house is about to fall down from cracked concrete... the man likes his bass, can I move in? :D

That is one SERIOUS setup... I bet you've got more you're not mentioning to us as yet as well :)

hahahaha i'm glad you all like it! those are spec 2's and 4's. biamped the altecs. yes, i do have a few goodies here and there. i think that some of my most prized posessions are the hpm 150s.

its a home stereo, yes. until 5 years ago, THAT very setup was in a house just under 1300 sq ft.

see guys this may take a little explanation.

i am ollie. i am 17 and my father is the original conniseur. he tought me everything i know and i have been speaking HIS words on here but using MY name for a screenname. hes not so good with a computer and i've never been on this forum because i am more of a car audio guy (on the internet) until just recently (obviously).

i am even more of an audio nut than he was, except he has a habit of taking hobbies seriously. i shall post some more pics as soon as i get the chance.

he does love RICH, DEEP, and FULL bass. bands such as Journey and Genesis owe him a great deal of money in woofer costs. he and i both are just simple people. we live in a small town and he is a mechanic. i as well took on the trade at a local shop 3 years ago but will be attending mich state next fall. hes been in the trade for 30 years and has a tremendous mechanically inclined mind.

were any of you one the pioneer forefront for CAR audio in the late 70's...?

indeed more pics coming.

for now ive got a date with my saw and some mdf for a new enclosure.

back soon

ollie

edit: thanks all of you so much for the kind words. my pop is normally modest about all of this and it's been me who seems to be "bragging" and if i have been sounding like an asshole, im sorry for that. its so nice to come to a community where someone appreciates good equipment and shares our passion.

Last edited:
Thanks Ollie! You guys sound like a GREAT family, Sounds like you have a really good father. I am sure he has imparted other great wisdom apart from your obvious appreciation of vintage Pioneer he has passed on to you. Maybe you can get your Dad to drop a line as well and talk about his Vintage Pioneer collection. Hey most of us are "search and poke" typers here.

:thmbsp: :thmbsp: Very nice collection - unbelieveable :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

Maybe you bouth can tell me something about the SD-1000 or SD-1100 above the Racks. I love using these Displays.

Welcome to this forum :)

Siamac

the typing isnt the problem (though he does search and poke) he wouldnt be able to navigate the site. i can still rap with you guys, dont be fooled by my age, i know a good deal about his equipment :). i am more into fabrication than he ever was. siamac ill ask about the piece that you are referring to. and as stated

more picks of the racks and the t-type to come

ollie

Hi Ollie and Pa,

Welcome aboard both of you. With so many pieces in one place, I hope that someday you guys will document the full extent of the collection and mount it somewhere as a resource for identification and shear enjoyment. But let us not bear down on you if that seems a tedious and boring task — just a thought.

I have been around mechanics myself having worked in motorcycle and automotive years ago. ALthough I never mastered the trade, I did come to appreciate a lot of stuff that might have otherwise flown by me. So I am saying that I can see why you and your father love the Pioneer marque.

I don't have a lot of pieces, but the ones I do have are NOT going to leave my hands. They are all Japanese domestic models I acquired here in Japan.

... looking forward to your family participation. — Cheers, Lorne

Well being a true PIONEER maniac I had to chime in here.
ollie you have some great stuff there!!! :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :D A few years ago I saw a few items for sale on ebay from a PIONEER collector that had been collecting stuff for almost 30 years. He claimed some prototypes and one of a kind units. So the big HUGE collectors are out there ya just don't hear from them all. I feel they kinda think like you did, that it's rather hard to find others interested in this stuff. But Hey! We are out here fer sure!! I too have some PIONEER signs lighted and unlighted. Clocks, fearrari's, semi trucks, funny cars and dragsters etc... with the PIONEER logo. I have a few shirts I wear now and then. I am a real PIONEER freak. But my humble collection is alot smaller than what you have. I am not the original owner of any of this unfortunately. The biggest obsticale for me has been simply $$$ money. Buying a new home, new car, car insurance living expenses along with child support and one income does not leave alot to play with. I have managed to aquire a big system tho. It was a goal of mine since 1983. So here is a link to the latest photos. Page two shows my smaller bedroom setup. Yeah its got black PIONEER gear in there too. But I tied the surround setup to the SPEC vintage setup. Something I have been working on for a few years.

My setups

Back
Top Bottom