Pics Of Promo Labels - Show Them Off!

Mine came from uncirculated (can not prove) stock from their promo guy. Perhaps they were not installed as they were never put out there?
Well that's kinda what I thought, most the promos you have been posting look to have come from one source, and time period. And yes your right, if someone worked in the promotion department they can grab what they want personally. Even grabbing rejects and the likes. The most expensive record in the world was from some guys at the pressing plant deciding they wanted a Elvis Christmas record in red. Well they pressed a few and then got busted by the supervisor that put an end to it. Well a few of them did not get destroyed and it becam a collectable.
BTW, my pic was taken with the LP inside the cover, some info was obscured. Would a full label pic help?
no that explains the missing print.

Love these advance pronos!
Private Eyes - Tommy Bolin
q14gGVQ.jpg

Freddy Hubbard "Polar AC" - CTI Records (1975) stereo/promo
Freddie Hubbard Polar AC.jpg
Now we're talking-I was hoping more people would start posting-people with more knowledge on the subject that myself. So in an A/B comparison of the same title,do Promotional/Demonstration Lp's sound better than what went out to the consumer?

Alan Freed's "Top 15 Hits" - End Hi-Fi (1962) - Roulette Records (1970) promo
Top 15 Hits Alan Freed.jpg
Here's a Roulette WLP ReIssue of an earlier End Hi-Fi release of various artists from Alan Freed "The King of Rock and Roll"....

This may be off topic, admittingly I have not done any research on these, but they are white and have unique lingo on the label. I have a few...somewhere, here is an example.

Garth Brooks - Jukebox only press. I like the exclamation mark!!!!!
IDT1auw.jpg

Might as well post the last of my "B's" today....unless I have again misfiled one.:oops:
label is the same on both sides, my stock copy cover is in the background.
Hot shot - Lonnie Brooks
Test Press
3Zqki6s.jpg

Here is what I found it in:
qWayYa7.jpg

Johnny Smith "Phase II" - Verve Records (1968) stereo/promo
Johnny Smith Phase II.jpg
This one's a White Label Promo,rubber stamped "Not For Sale". Verve also had a printed "Disc Jockey Record" label in Yellow-sort of like MGM,who owned Verve at the time....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom