Pics Of Promo Labels - Show Them Off!

Candy-O - The Cars
Ab5JPyx.jpg

Freddy Hubbard "Polar AC" - CTI Records (1975) stereo/promo
View attachment 993316
Now we're talking-I was hoping more people would start posting-people with more knowledge on the subject that myself. So in an A/B comparison of the same title,do Promotional/Demonstration Lp's sound better than what went out to the consumer?

Just noticed your question in bold. Nothing is 100% with vinyl and all comments are IMO.And withdrawing special DJ offerings from the subject.
I've done a lot of comparisons, and find them almost always superior in at least sharpness of detail. I do have a few that are not much different than my stock copy, but those could have very well been pressed right after the promo run, with stampers still fresh?
The big advantage to the promo label, as I see it, is visual assurance that you are getting an early stamped pressing.

Door To Door - The Cars
WLP/Translucent vinyl
3nsZEsX.jpg
I know you started the thread for White Label Promo's but this post made me think about the dozen or so Promo Lp's I have on colored vinyl with regular production labels. Fantasy Records pressed some Promotional Lp's on colored vinyl,as did Pacific Jazz. Was this a regular practice-or a gimmick?

I know you started the thread for White Label Promo's but this post made me think about the dozen or so Promo Lp's I have on colored vinyl with regular production labels. Fantasy Records pressed some Promotional Lp's on colored vinyl,as did Pacific Jazz. Was this a regular practice-or a gimmick?

I wouldn't call it a regular practice, but it did happen. I think what you speak of is a special/limited colored vinyl run of title with promo markings of some kind on the cover?
Here is an example of what I think you speak of? Haven't spun this in awhile....need to fix that.
An old pic of the last time I spun this J Geils Bloodshot LP. No promo markings on the label.
E7FyO12.jpg

I can't do my home work anymore because first I look at the - red vinyl. How can a guy NOT have "Bloodshot" on red wax!!
J. Geils Band Bloodshot promo.jpg
Oh man,my lame song references are from "Full House" I always mix up those two albums,just like "Rubber Soul" & "Revolver"....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom