Pics of your listening space

The system I just threw together to keep me company in the mad scientist lab.

1919 Edison B 19 Diamond Disc Phonograph, surrounded by 1957 KLH Model Six speakers, driven with a 1986 Adcom GFA-555 stereo amplifier, 2006 Yaqin MS-12B preamplifier, 2006 AudioSource Model EQ Eight series II equalizer, fed with my old Motorola XT912, linked to my PC music server running JRiver Media Center 18 software.

It sounds better than it has any business to sound.

Yeah, it's a sickness...
IMG_20170405_142817.jpg

The system I just threw together to keep me company in the mad scientist lab.

1919 Edison B 19 Diamond Disc Phonograph, surrounded by 1957 KLH Model Six speakers, driven with a 1986 Adcom GFA-555 stereo amplifier, 2006 Yaqin MS-12B preamplifier, 2006 AudioSource Model EQ Eight series II equalizer, fed with my old Motorola XT912, linked to my PC music server running JRiver Media Center 18 software.

It sounds better than it has any business to sound.

Yeah, it's a sickness[/ATTACH]

I would love to hear your cool Franken system

Not really a photo of my listening space, but I didn't know where else to share this:

Foreigner_4.jpg

The image on the wall is from sunlight shining through my patio doors and reflecting off the surface of the album playing on the turntable. I had already taken a photo of the album from another angle with no reflection, to post in the What Record Are You Hearing Now? thread, looked up, saw the spinning reflection on the wall, grabbed my camera, and took a couple quick photos. The sun went behind the clouds about two minutes later and the reflection was gone. The sun came back out about 10 minutes later, but by then, the angle of the sunlight had changed and there was no reflection.

Last edited:
Sweet rig, dude! Sound impressions?
Thanks!

It's very good. The amp sounds clean, and has NO noise floor, on any gain level. I wanted to try the Burson because I have the PP-160 power amp, and it is incredible. I even used it with a passive preamp and loved the sound of that amp. The headphones amp is very similar in sound. Clean, deep bass and a smooth and clear sound all the way up to the high frequencies. My headphones sound very much like my speakers as well, the Totem Rainmakers, so its a good combo.

Last edited:
Another quick update:

I recently restored a non-working dumpster find Marantz 2220B and it has temporarily replaced the Criterion in my office. I also bought shelves for my records. They were scattered all over the house and I was not really able to enjoy all of them, since it was a pain to go and find one. There was a stack of 40-50 favorites in my office divided in two: One leaning against the bed and the other against a bookshelf. I have been discovering more favorites since the change...:)

DSC04142.jpg

DSC04143.jpg

Yet another update...

I added two components to my system: A Denon PMA-1060 integrated amplifier and a Denon DVD 2200 a SACD capable DVD player.
DSC04201.jpg

Here is mine over two days. Does anybody else just leave the handtruck in your house because you swap 100lb speakers too often? :)

The source, etc stayed the same. The speakers changed.

Thorens TD 290 with Shure V15 MKIII (satellite cable replaced the original interconnect); McIntosh C26; McIntosh MC2505.

Speakers Day 1: Rear loaded folded horn with Audio Nirvana Standard ferrite 8"

Audio Nirvana by Ryan Mills, on Flickr

Speakers Day 2: JBL 4311B on solid maple stands. (with my audiophile buddy)

JBL by Ryan Mills, on Flickr

Last edited:
Here is mine over two days. Does anybody else just leave the handtruck in your house because you swap 100lb speakers too often? :)

The source, etc stayed the same. The speakers changed.

Thorens TD 290 with Shure V15 MKIII (satellite cable replaced the original interconnect); McIntosh C26; McIntosh MC2505.

Speakers Day 1: Rear loaded folded horn with Audio Nirvana Standard ferrite 8"

Audio Nirvana by Ryan Mills, on Flickr

Speakers Day 2: JBL 4311B on solid maple stands. (with my audiophile buddy)

JBL by Ryan Mills, on Flickr

Sweet room! And beautiful system... I'm jealous. Dog looks alright too.

I love the 4311Bs. I've had many pairs of JBLs, and these are the ones that have stuck for a few years. Some day, I'll probably rebuild the crossovers and re-veneer them - the cabs were a bit beat. I bought them from a guy who bought them new along with a Yamaha CA810 when he graduated college. That setup had long since been relegated to garage status since it's WAF was relatively low. ;)

Back
Top Bottom