Pics of your listening space

Set up a second system in the sun room. Eclipse TD-M1 powered speakers, Energy Encore 8 subwoofer with a passive crossover to the mains, and a Bluesound Node. The sound is pretty amazing.

The TV stuff isn't hooked up to the sound stuff yet. Still working out the best way to do that.

View attachment 946067
If the TV has a digital output, get an external DAC. If it has an analog output, just hook that into an input in the speakers (might need to get a RCA switch). If it has analog and digital, using an external DAC is best. Be sure your TV is set to PCM in the menu settings because DACs often can't handle Dolby Digital/DTS surround input.

If the TV has a digital output, get an external DAC. If it has an analog output, just hook that into an input in the speakers (might need to get a RCA switch). If it has analog and digital, using an external DAC is best. Be sure your TV is set to PCM in the menu settings because DACs often can't handle Dolby Digital/DTS surround input.
Yeah. It's actually harder than that. It's a real weak spot that the TD-M1s aren't really designed to work with a subwoofer. To make all this work as it is, I'm using the Node as a source and preamp. The Node passes analog output to a passive crossover to feed the sub and TD-M1s' analog input. The TD-M1's wireless capabilities are completely ignored. It's being used as a power amp and speakers only. Any solution that directly feeds the TD-M1s loses the subwoofer, which is suboptimal. The Node, on the other hand, doesn't have any real inputs. I think the only real option here would be to buy a real preamp. Not sure I want to do that.

Sony da80es, polk audio sub, earl 90's klipsch shelf speakes, pl-516.
And then.....
Sony str-4800, polk audio series shelfs, yamaha p550
And then......
A silverton, unknown age, organ grinder ontop
And then.....
My chair

Attachments

• IMG_0861.JPG
    IMG_0861.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0863.JPG
    IMG_0863.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0856.JPG
    IMG_0856.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 206
Since I need to replace the 7591's in the Fisher KX-200, I placed in the Tube Room System my HH Scott 299-C. This was a total restore about 5 years ago. It also sounds very nice in the current Tube Room system only connected Scott to Mac MR-78 tuner first time playing the Kappa 7.1 series 2 speakers, hope to place Scott in full system later this weekendDSCN0010.JPG

Sony da80es, polk audio sub, earl 90's klipsch shelf speakes, pl-516.
And then.....
Sony str-4800, polk audio series shelfs, yamaha p550
And then......
A silverton, unknown age, organ grinder ontop
And then.....
My chair
That'she a big fog machine you got there,,, nice set up.

Here is my little room, a monstrous 10' x 10' den. The lack of size makes it hard to get far enough away from the speakers. It is a two system room. The Kenwood on the entertainment center feed a 3 pairs of KLH 900b speakers. One pair in the den, one pair in the bathroom and one pair in the livingroom. It would be considered my main house system. On the other side is my work table where I will use whatever receiver is in rotation at the moment. Right now it is my Toshiba SA-620 feeding a pair of JBL LX-600s stacked with a pair of DCM Timeframe 600s. OMG what a combo that is, the JBLs act as a subwoofer and the combination is as sweet as any setup I have ever had. It is a small space but it is all mine finally.

Den3.jpg

Den2.jpg

Den1.jpg
I have some TF 600's, those are nice speakers.

Could not sleep so I got up about an hour early and played current Tube room system. Sounds nice maybe KX-200 is better, hard to say as comparing units is tough, Fisher has a very good set of Tele. 12AX7 installed but 7591 outputs are a little crispy but test good in my matcher. Scott 299-C has matched quad of low hour 7591 outputs but the other tubes are a mixed bag of makers and of course the amps use different tubes types. Played Gold CD of Ziggy stardust and vinyl copy Peter Paul and Mary Moving LP so I can hear Puff in this set up I liked both very much.DSCN0020.JPG DSCN0019.JPG DSCN0022.JPG

I can't remember if I posted any of this here before, but here it is anyway...

A couple of months back, I decided to purchase a mint Carver "The Receiver" MXR-130 and have it recapped and slightly modded for my oldest brother, completely out of the blue, just as a surprise. Over the years, he was forced to sell off most of his gear and only had left a Monster power conditioner, a Nakamichi DR-1, a Sony PS3 and a small, old 32" LCD TV. One of my other brothers recently upgraded his Vizio 55" LED TV to a slightly bigger and better Vizio 60" LED TV, so gave the 55" to him. I also gave him my old, mostly mint NHT 2.9's.

Anyway, went to drop something off at his place along with a mint original "The Receiver" owners manual thanks to a forum member on the Carver Site.

It's been a little while since I've been over to my brother's, so this morning I finally got to see those cheeks mounted on the receiver. And I gotta say, they look GOOOOOD! While I was there, I installed new foam strips on the NHT 2.9's as the other ones were rather shot. Also gave him one of my C.Crane FM Reflect antennas.

And now, a few pics...

p2371755865-5.jpg

p2371755863-5.jpg

p2371755861-5.jpg

p2371756086-5.jpg

p2371755868-5.jpg

I have now placed a better looking pair of 7591's in KX-200, these match the other pair already in amp. Went though the bias and bal. setup let tubes warm up for 30 mins+ and rechecked bias, bal. and it had not changed so Scott 299-C out and Fisher amp back in, hope to have time to play sat. AM as I have to work all day sat.DSCN0028.JPG

Back
Top Bottom